About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your grammar usage homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your grammar usage homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Understanding subject-verb agreement errors
- Determining verb tense errors
- Identifying singular and plural pronoun errors
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 10th Grade English: Homework Help Resource course
- Text Analysis and Close Reading for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- Developing as a Reader and Writer: Homework Help
- Reading and Understanding in Various Media: Homework Help
- Literary Forms and Genres for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- Shakespeare for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- African American Writers: Homework Help
- British Fiction for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- American Prose for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- Ancient Literature for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- Introduction to Literary Criticism: Homework Help
- Drama for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- The Writing Process for 10th Grade: Homework Help
- Using Source Materials in 10th Grade English: Homework Help
- Conventions in 10th Grade Writing - Usage: Homework Help
- Elements of 10th Grade Grammar: Homework Help
- Punctuation in 10th Grade Writing: Homework Help