About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other 10th grade English work.
- Identify the grammar usage concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our 10th grade English tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn grammar usage and earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding subject-verb agreement errors, verb tense errors, pronoun-antecedent agreement errors or any other grammar usage topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their grammar usage unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in 10th grade English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning grammar usage simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn grammar usage on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to avoid subject-verb agreement errors.
- Be able to point out errors of verb tense.
- Discuss singular and plural pronoun errors.
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
A subject-verb agreement is when the object in a sentence connects to the motion in a sentence in numerical value, meaning they are either both singular or both plural. Learn more about identifying subject-verb agreements, simple and compound sentence, subject-verb inversion, and indefinite pronouns to avoid errors.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
Knowledge of grammar rules and the six verb tenses is key to writers being able to identify errors and use tense consistently; verb tense refers to the time that action occurs. Explore the correct usage of present, past, future, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect tenses.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
Singular and plural pronouns are words that take the place of a noun. Learn about pronoun basics, pronoun-antecedent agreement, and indefinite pronouns, then discover how to identify and correct errors in their usage.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the 10th Grade English: Tutoring Solution course
- Text Analysis and Close Reading for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Developing as a Reader and Writer: Tutoring Solution
- Reading and Understanding in Various Media: Tutoring Solution
- Literary Forms and Genres for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Shakespeare for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- African American Writers: Tutoring Solution
- British Fiction for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- American Prose for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Ancient Literature for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Literary Criticism: Tutoring Solution
- Drama for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Using Source Materials in 10th Grade English: Tutoring Solution
- Conventions in 10th Grade Writing - Usage: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of 10th Grade Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- Punctuation in 10th Grade Writing: Tutoring Solution