About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your 11th grade grammar usage homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your 11th grade grammar usage homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Identifying subject-verb agreement errors
- Finding errors of verb tense
- Identifying singular and plural pronoun errors
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 11th Grade English: Homework Help Resource course
- 11th Grade Literary Terms, Theory, and Analysis: Homework Help
- Anglo Saxon and Medieval Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Gothic and Romantic Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- 19th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- 20th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- African American Writers - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- 11th Grade Contemporary Literature: Homework Help
- Drama for 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Interpreting Literature for 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Listening and Viewing in 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Literary Terms for 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Basics of Writing Essays in 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Reading and Understanding Essays in 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Using Source Materials - 11th Grade English: Homework Help
- Conventions in 11th Grade Writing - Usage: Homework Help
- Elements of 11th Grade Grammar: Homework Help
- Punctuation in 11th Grade Writing: Homework Help