About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other 11th grade English work.
- Identify the grammar usage concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our 11th grade English tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn grammar usage and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to identify subject-verb agreement errors, verb tense errors, singular pronoun errors or any other grammar usage for 11th grade topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their 11th grade grammar usage unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in 11th grade English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about grammar usage simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about grammar usage on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify subject-verb agreement errors.
- Point out errors of verb tense.
- Learn how to avoid errors of singular and plural pronouns.
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 11th Grade English: Tutoring Solution course
- 11th Grade Literary Terms, Theory, and Analysis: Tutoring Solution
- Anglo Saxon and Medieval Literature - 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature - 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Gothic and Romantic Literature - 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- 19th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- 20th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- African American Writers - 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- 11th Grade Contemporary Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Drama for 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Interpreting Literature for 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Listening and Viewing in 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Literary Terms for 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Basics of Writing Essays in 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Reading and Understanding Essays in 11th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Using Source Materials - 11th Grade English: Tutoring Solution
- Conventions in 11th Grade Writing - Usage: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of 11th Grade Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- Punctuation in 11th Grade Writing: Tutoring Solution