About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering information about the characters from 12 Angry Men will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the characters from this play. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the characters from 12 Angry Men
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review by taking the 12 Angry Men Characters chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the 12 Angry Men Characters chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the characters found in 12 Angry Men for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Discussion of the role and influence of the Foreman in the story
- Detailed analysis of each of the other 11 jurors
- Examination of how each juror's perspective influences the verdict
1. The Foreman in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
'12 Angry Men' by Reginald Rose is a play about 12 regular men who are tasked with deciding whether a teenage boy should be executed for murder. In this lesson, we will learn more about the foreman of the jury.
2. Juror 2 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
''12 Angry Men'' by Reginald Rose is a drama about a group of jurors who must make a decision about whether or not to send a teenager accused of killing his father to his death. In this lesson, we'll find out about Juror Two.
3. Juror 3 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
In '12 Angry Men' by Reginald Rose, Juror 3 is the most difficult of all of the jurors. In this court-room drama where the life of a teenager is on the line, this lesson will reveal the underlying causes of some bad behavior on the part of Juror 3.
4. Juror 4 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
'12 Angry Men' by Reginald Rose is a courtroom drama about twelve jurors that must decide whether or not a teenage boy will be executed for murdering his father. Of the twelve, Juror Four is the one who stands apart for his reliance on reason.
5. Juror 5 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
In '12 Angry Men' by Reginald Rose, Juror Five comes from humble beginnings, just like the defendant. He must learn when to be objective and when to use his past to educate the others.
6. Juror 6 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
In ''12 Angry Men'' by Reginald Rose, 12 men from very different backgrounds must come together to review evidence and make a decision on whether or not a teenage boy will executed after being accused of murdering his father. Let's look at the character of Juror Six.
7. Juror 7 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
In '12 Angry Men' by Reginald Rose, twelve jurors of various backgrounds must come together to determine whether or not a teenage boy is guilty of murdering his father. If convicted, he will face the death penalty. In this lesson, we will learn about Juror Seven.
8. Juror 8 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
What does it mean to be a quiet leader? In a jury room of twelve people who have their own ideas and experiences, this task can become even more difficult. In Reginald Rose's '12 Angry Men', Juror 8 convinces his eleven fellow jurors to reflect on their opinions and even change them by the end of the story. Let's see how.
9. Juror 9 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
Do people respect the wisdom of their elders? Do older people feel useful in society as they continue to age? In this lesson, we will explore Juror 9, the oldest member of the jury in Reginald Rose's ''12 Angry Men.''
10. Juror 10 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
How do preconceptions and life experiences affect opinions? Such influences impact one's ability to make a rational decision. In this lesson, we will explore the characteristics that guide the opinions of Juror 10 in Reginald Rose's ''12 Angry Men''.
11. Juror 11 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
'12 Angry Men' by Reginald Rose is a play about twelve men on a jury deciding the fate of a young man accused of murder. Complete this lesson for a short character analysis of Juror 11 and the role that he plays in the story.
12. Juror 12 in 12 Angry Men: Character Analysis
In this lesson we will examine Juror 12 and his character in ''12 Angry Men''. We will see how his peacemaking and wishy-washy nature affect the outcome of this case.
12 Angry Men Character List & Flashcards
Not only will these flashcards help you remember the characters in the classic play Twelve Angry Men, but they will also help you quiz yourself on character traits and relationships.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.