About This Chapter
20th Century Musicians for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our professional instructors cover musicians of the 20th century specifically for elementary students. Musicians covered include Madonna, Dolly Parton and many more. We've provided a short quiz after each lesson so you can keep tabs on your student's progress through the lessons. Studying is easy with our mobile-friendly lessons, which are accessible 24 hours a day.
- The biography of Madonna
- Some facts about Bob Dylan
- The life of Michael Jackson
- Jimi Hendrix's biography
- Dolly Parton facts
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with 20th century musicians will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about musicians of the 20th century.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding 20th century musicians
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about 20th century musicians
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning music (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about 20th century musicians
- Students who struggle to understand their music teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra music resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the 20th century musicians topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about 20th century musicians.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands 20th century musicians by completing the 20th Century Musicians for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Madonna Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Madonna is one of the most successful musical artists of the 20th century. In this lesson, find out about Madonna's childhood, discover how she got to be a famous star, and see what popular fashion trends she started.
2. Bob Dylan Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Bob Dylan is a famous musician. In this lesson, discover which instruments Bob plays, how many records he's sold and what award he received that has never been given to a musician before.
3. Michael Jackson Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Do you know what dance move made Michael Jackson famous? In this lesson, find out how old Michael was when he first started singing, and learn about his success as a popular singer and songwriter.
4. Jimi Hendrix Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Have you ever heard of Jimi Hendrix, or some of his famous songs like ''Purple Haze''? In this lesson, you'll learn about Jimi's childhood, adult life, and musical career.
5. Dolly Parton Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Dolly Parton is a famous singer and songwriter. In this lesson, discover the surprising way Dolly grew up. Find out what awards she has won for her music and how she helps others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Famous Figures for Kids course
- Explorers for Elementary School
- Philosophers for Elementary School
- Famous Outlaws for Elementary School
- Influential Christians for Elementary School
- Puritans for Elementary School
- 20th Century Hollywood for Elementary School
- Business & Industry Figures for Elementary School
- Baseball Players for Elementary School
- Athletes for Elementary School
- Royalty of England for Elementary School
- Literary Figures for Elementary School
- Religious Figures for Elementary School