About This Chapter
20th Century Spanish Literature - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides engaging and informative lessons about 20th century Spanish literature. Using a simplified teaching style, our instructors help you evaluate the lives and works of influential authors of the time period, including Federico Garcia Lorca, Juan Rulfo, Sabine Ulibarri and Horacio Quiroga. Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and the chapter concludes with a multiple-choice exam. The chapter is accessible at any time that fits your schedule, and you can submit questions to our instructors if you need any extra help. When you're finished with the chapter, you'll be able to discuss the authors and themes of the following literary works:
- ''San Manuel Bueno Martir''
- ''Mi Caballo Mago''
- ''Peso Ancestral''
- ''No Oyes Ladrar los Perros''
- ''Y no se lo Trago la Tierra''
- ''La Noche Buena''
- ''El Hijo''
- ''He Andado Muchos Caminos''
- ''La Casa de Bernarda Alba''
- ''Prendimiento de Antonito el Camborio en el Camino de Sevilla''
- ''Balada de los Dos Abuelos''
- ''A Julia de Burgos''
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Literature and Culture: Exam Prep course
- General & Historical Literary Terms in Spanish
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Narrative Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Poetic Genres
- Spanish Literary Terminology for Dramatic Genres
- Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
- Overview of Medieval Spanish Literature (1100-1500)
- Overview of Don Quixote
- The Golden Age of Spanish Literature (1500-1659)
- The Latin American Boom
- Contemporary Spanish Literature
- Writing & Composition in Spanish
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture Flashcards