About This Chapter
Number Properties - Chapter Summary
Through the video lessons in this Number Properties chapter, you could enhance your 3rd graders' ability to solve equations related to place value and the commutative property. The lesson quizzes and a chapter exam are designed to assess your 3rd graders' understanding of the commutative and zero property of multiplication as well as related topics.
|Commutative Property of Addition||Students learn to demonstrate the order property of addition by completing examples.|
|How Commutative Property Relates to Place Value||Instructors teach students to solve equations that highlight the relationship between the commutative property and place value.|
|Commutative Property of Multiplication||In this lesson, students complete examples of the commutative property of multiplication.|
|Zero Property of Multiplication||Students learn the rules for applying the zero property of multiplication.|
|Distributive Property of Multiplication||Through this lesson, instructors teach their 3rd graders about the distributive property of multiplication and allow them to apply the method in examples.|
1. Commutative Property of Addition: Definition & Examples
In this video lesson, we talk about the commutative property of addition and what it means when you are adding numbers together. Learn how it can help you solve addition problems faster.
2. How Commutative Property Relates to Place Value
In this lesson you will briefly review commutative property and place value. Then you will understand how the commutative property and place value are related.
3. Commutative Property of Multiplication: Definition & Examples
In this video lesson, we talk about the commutative property of multiplication. We will see how it works in action and what it means for you when you are solving multiplication problems.
4. The Multiplication Property of Zero: Definition & Examples
The number zero has different rules than other numbers; it behaves according to it's own unique properties. This lesson will define the multiplication property of zero and give some examples of how it works.
5. Distributive Property: Lesson for Kids
Sometimes you need to multiply with large numbers or use addition and multiplication together to solve a problem. In this lesson we will explore one method you can use to help make these tasks quicker and easier: the distributive property.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 3rd Grade Math: Practice & Review course
- 3rd Grade Math: Number Sense & Arithmetic
- 3rd Grade Math: Solving Math Word Problems
- 3rd Grade Math: Estimation & Rounding
- 3rd Grade Math: Addition
- 3rd Grade Math: Subtraction
- 3rd Grade Math: Multiplication
- 3rd Grade Math: Multiples of Whole Numbers
- 3rd Grade Math: Multiplication Skills Practice
- 3rd Grade Math: Division
- 3rd Grade Math: Division Skills Practice
- 3rd Grade Math: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- 3rd Grade Math: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- 3rd Grade Math: Writing Algebraic Expressions
- 3rd Grade Math: Data & Graphs
- 3rd Grade Math: Probability & Statistics
- 3rd Grade Math: Units of Measurement
- 3rd Grade Math: Introduction to Geometric Figures
- 3rd Grade Math: Angles
- 3rd Grade Math: Triangles
- 3rd Grade Math: Quadrilaterals
- 3rd Grade Math: Perimeter, Area & Volume
- 3rd Grade Math: Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence
- 3rd Grade Math: Fractions
- 3rd Grade Math: Decimals
- 3rd Grade Math: Money
- 3rd Grade Math: Time