About This Chapter
3rd Grade Math: Reading & Recording Time - Chapter Summary
This chapter can guide your third graders as they brush up on reading and recording time. Young learners can expand their knowledge about hours, minutes and seconds, ways to measure the passing of time, and how to use a calendar to keep track of events by going through the various lessons in this chapter. The lessons can be reviewed as many times as necessary. Likewise, lesson quizzes can also be repeated until students have mastered the material.
- Reading time on an analog clock
- Calculating and measuring elapsed time
- Interpreting a calendar
- Using numbers and words to write dates
1. How to Tell Time on an Analog Clock
Watch this video lesson and you will learn how to read the big clock with moving hands that is on the wall of most classrooms. You will see how the clock is divided into hours, minutes, and seconds.
2. How to Measure & Calculate Elapsed Time
Time is constantly passing, but how can we calculate how much time is passing? In this lesson, we'll learn what elapsed time is and explore two ways to measure and calculate it.
3. Reading a Calendar
After watching this lesson, you will be able to look at any calendar, and you will know how to find the day, the month, and the year. You will see how using a calendar can help you keep track of your activities.
4. How to Write the Date with Words & Numbers: Lesson for Kids
Did you know your birthday is actually a date? Knowing what month, day, and year you were born in is knowing your date of birth. In this lesson, you'll learn how to write a date in both numbers and words.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 3rd Grade Math course
- 3rd Grade Math: Number Sense
- 3rd Grade Math: Creating & Interpreting Graphs
- 3rd Grade Math: Understanding Fractions & Decimals
- 3rd Grade Math: Addition & Subtraction
- 3rd Grade Math: Multiplication & Division
- 3rd Grade Math: Arithmetic With Money
- 3rd Grade Math: Word Problems & Equations
- 3rd Grade Math: Measuring Physical Quantities
- 3rd Grade Math: Geometric Shapes & Figures