About This Chapter
3rd Grade Math: Word Problems & Equations - Chapter Summary
Make it easier for your 3rd graders to understand word problems and equations by using this chapter as a reference guide. Our experienced instructors understand that students have individual needs and learning preferences, so they have designed these lessons and short quizzes to help students at all levels. For instance, all of the information is self-paced, so students can take on as many or as few lessons at a time as desired. Plus, unlike regular classroom settings, students can stop and go back over lesson materials, and they can skip forward to more challenging topics.
- Multiplication sentence completion
- Finding the missing quantities in division and multiplication problems
- Solving two-step word problems
- Word problems with three-digit multiplication
- Defining the mathematical order of operations
1. How to Complete the Multiplication Sentence
Multiplication is a skill that can help you save time when you're adding large or small groups of numbers together. This lesson will focus on completing multiplication sentences when the different parts are missing.
2. Missing Quantities in Multiplication & Division Problems: Lesson for Kids
Missing quantities in math problems can take one or more steps to find. In this lesson, you'll learn how to solve multiplication and division problems with missing quantities and how to complete multi-step problems.
3. Two-Step Math Word Problems
You might be pretty comfortable solving math word problems with just one step, but have you tried a two-step problem? They're not as tough as you might think! This lesson will help you learn how to tackle those two-step word problems with ease!
4. Three Digit Multiplication Word Problems
Do you ever wonder why on earth you need to learn multiplication? Do you think math class is the only place to use your multiplication skills? This lesson will give you real life examples of when you will need to know how to use three-digit multiplication.
5. What Is The Order of Operations in Math? - Definition & Examples
The order of operations is the steps used to simplify any mathematical expression. In this video, learn how to solve problems using these steps and easy tricks to remember them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 3rd Grade Math course
- 3rd Grade Math: Number Sense
- 3rd Grade Math: Creating & Interpreting Graphs
- 3rd Grade Math: Understanding Fractions & Decimals
- 3rd Grade Math: Addition & Subtraction
- 3rd Grade Math: Multiplication & Division
- 3rd Grade Math: Arithmetic With Money
- 3rd Grade Math: Measuring Physical Quantities
- 3rd Grade Math: Reading & Recording Time
- 3rd Grade Math: Geometric Shapes & Figures