About This Chapter
3rd Grade Science: Forms & Sources of Energy - Chapter Summary
Bolster the science knowledge of your 3rd graders by showing them this chapter on forms and sources of energy. We know young learners don't do well with seemingly endless chapters to study. That's why we make our lessons user-friendly. Each lesson can be completed in around 5-10 minutes. Shorter lessons keep your students focused on the topic, and they make it easier for students to remember the information. All of our lessons even end with a lesson summary, as a way to reinforce all the main points and remind students about what they should know.
- Definition of energy
- Energy forms
- Facts about solar energy
- Examples of heat energy
- Natural resources
- Types of renewable energy
- Information about non-renewable energy
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with science will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the forms and sources of energy.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how energy works
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the forms and sources of energy
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the forms and sources of energy
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the forms and sources of energy topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about energy sources and forms.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands how energy works by completing the 3rd Grade Science: Forms & Sources of Energy chapter exam.
1. What is Energy? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you'll learn more about what energy is and how you use energy in your everyday life. Discover the different types of energy that are all around us!
2. Forms of Energy: Lesson for Kids
Energy is all around us and we use it every day. In this lesson, we will review some of the different forms in which energy can be found and will look at different ways that it can be used.
3. Solar Energy Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Above your head, there's a single source of energy that is used by every person on the planet. It burns so brightly that you can't stare directly at it. I'm talking about the Sun and in this lesson, you'll learn how we use the Sun's energy.
4. Heat Energy Lesson for Kids: Definition & Examples
Heat - you experience it everyday, and it is essential for life, but have you ever thought about where it comes from? In this lesson, find out what heat energy is and three ways it can be transferred.
5. Natural Resources Lesson for Kids: Definition & Examples
Natural resources are the materials we use from nature to make the things we need. Air, water, plants, and animals are all examples of natural resources. Complete this lesson to learn more about natural resources.
6. Renewable Energy Lesson for Kids: Sources & Types
When you ride in a car or on a bus, you are probably using gasoline to make that vehicle run. Gasoline is not a renewable resource and is harming our planet. In this lesson, we will talk about different sources and types of renewable energy.
7. Non-Renewable Energy Facts: Lesson for Kids
When you turn on the lights and ride in a car, you're most likely using a non-renewable energy source. Learn about the different types of non-renewable energy, where they come from and whether they are good or bad.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 3rd Grade Science course
- 3rd Grade Science: Scientific Investigation
- 3rd Grade Science: Nature of Matter
- 3rd Grade Science: Force & Motion
- 3rd Grade Science: Light & Sound
- 3rd Grade Science: Ecology, Pollution & Conservation
- 3rd Grade Science: Classification of Animals
- 3rd Grade Science: Life Cycles & Evolution
- 3rd Grade Science: The Human Body
- 3rd Grade Science: Earth's History & Surface Processes
- 3rd Grade Science: Astronomy
- 3rd Grade Science: Space Exploration
- 3rd Grade Science: Weather & Climate