About This Chapter
4th Grade Math: Division - Chapter Summary
Use the videos and quizzes that make up this chapter to supplement your 4th grader's classroom study of this topic. Your student will find that the entertaining animations, engaging narration and short lessons make learning about division easy and fun. Because we know you care about your 4th grader's mastery of division principles and methods, we've included quizzes with each lesson and a chapter exam to help you gauge his or her understanding of these topics.
Chapter Lessons and Objectives
|How to Perform Division: Steps & Examples||The lesson outlines the steps needed to divide whole numbers.|
|How to Divide One-digit Numbers||Students see examples that they can use to learn how to divide one-digit numbers.|
|Divisibility Rules for 2, 5 & 10||The video shows the rules for dividing by 2, 5 and 10.|
|Dividing With a Remainder||In this lesson, instructors teach the process for dividing numbers with a remainder.|
|Performing Long Division with Large Numbers: Steps and Examples||Examples are used in this lesson to teach students to do long division on large numbers.|
|Dividing Three-digit Numbers||The lesson uses examples and word problems to show how to divide three-digit numbers.|
|How to Divide Numbers Ending in Zeroes||Students can get practice dividing numbers that end in zero.|
|How to Complete a Division Table||Instructors show the process used to complete a division table.|
|Working with Division Input-Output Tables||This lesson uses examples to demonstrate how to find solutions with an input-output table.|
|Solving Division Word Problems||Students learn how to solve word problems with division.|
|Solving Division Patterns Over Increasing Place Values||The lesson introduces students to increasing place values and how they're used to solve division patterns.|
|How to Complete the Division Sentence||Students practice completing the division sentence after learning the process.|
1. How to Perform Division: Steps & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can divide. Division is one of the basic operations of math. It is one of the fundamental operations that all higher mathematics depends upon.
2. How to Divide By One-Digit Numbers
Division can make it easy to share things equally with your friends. In this lesson, you will learn the concept of division and an easy way to solve division problems creating your own drawings.
3. Dividing With a Remainder
In this lesson, you will learn what to do when you are dividing and you have a number leftover. We will be using basic division steps and learning all about remainders.
4. Performing Long Division with Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to divide larger numbers. You'll learn an easy to follow procedure that you can use to divide any two numbers.
5. Dividing Three-Digit Numbers
Often, you'll need to know how to divide larger numbers than you have in the past. In this lesson, you'll learn how to divide three-digit numbers, which may come in handy if you ever need to divide more than 99 items among you and your friends.
6. How to Divide Numbers Ending in Zeroes
In this lesson, you will be taught how to divide numbers ending in zeros by learning how to simplify large problems by striking out the common zeros. Test your knowledge with the quiz at the end.
7. How to Complete a Division Table
In this lesson you will learn how to fill out a division chart by using the pattern in numbers. You will be able to use the patterns in the dividend, divisor, and quotient to help you solve division equations and fill in missing numbers.
8. Working with Division Input-Output Tables
Division is a mathematical operation that can be used to solve different real world problems. Learn how to identify division equations from something called an input/output table.
9. Solving Division Word Problems
Division word problems...Do these three words make you want to pull your hair out? Never fear! In this lesson, you'll learn four simple steps that will help you solve those dreaded division word problems.
10. Solving Division Patterns Over Increasing Place Values
In this lesson, you will learn how to identify division patterns over increasing place values by using basic division facts. A quiz will follow the lesson.
11. How to Complete the Division Sentence
If you have every bought food for a party, or shared food with family or friends, you might not have realized you were using multiplication and division. In this lesson, you will learn how to complete a division sentence by using multiplication.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 4th Grade Math: Practice & Review course
- 4th Grade Math: Number Sense & Arithmetic
- 4th Grade Math: Number Properties
- 4th Grade Math: Solving Math Word Problems
- 4th Grade Math: Estimation & Rounding
- 4th Grade Math: Addition
- 4th Grade Math: Subtraction
- 4th Grade Math: Multiplication
- 4th Grade Math: Multiples of Whole Numbers
- 4th Grade Math: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- 4th Grade Math: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- 4th Grade Math: Data & Graphs
- 4th Grade Math: Probability & Statistics
- 4th Grade Math: Units of Measurement
- 4th Grade Math: Introduction to Geometric Figures
- 4th Grade Math: Angles
- 4th Grade Math: Triangles
- 4th Grade Math: Quadrilaterals
- 4th Grade Math: Circles
- 4th Grade Math: Polyhedrons & Geometric Solids
- 4th Grade Math: Perimeter, Area & Volume
- 4th Grade Math: Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence
- 4th Grade Math: Fractions
- 4th Grade Math: Operations with Fractions
- 4th Grade Math: Decimals
- 4th Grade Math: Operations with Decimals
- 4th Grade Math: Money
- 4th Grade Math: Time
- 4th Grade Math: The Coordinate Graph
- 4th Grade Math: Patterns & Sequences