About This Chapter
4th Grade Math Games & Activities - Chapter Summary
Games are one way to encourage student engagement and classroom participation when teaching math. This chapter offers resources that will help you incorporate games into your 4th grade math class and use them to teach students about:
- Division and multiplication
- Fractions and decimals
- Place values
How It Helps
- Enhances student engagement: Student engagement is important for learning, and one way of improving this engagement is through the use of games and other in-class activities.
- Makes learning math enjoyable for students: Many students dread math, but presenting it to them in a fun interactive way may help them enjoy it a little more.
- Improves math skills: These games and activities provide students with ways to apply the skills they learn in class and thus practice using these skills.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Create lessons that involve fun ways to teach students about math
- Come up with engaging ways to improve students' math skills
- Increase student interactions within your class
1. Division Games for 4th Grade
Division can be fun with a little added creativity. Help your students get all the practice they need with a few of these fourth grade division games.
2. Multiplication Games for 4th Grade
Playing games can be such an exciting way to teach children automaticity and comfort with math! Fourth graders, who have often mastered basic multiplication skills, will enjoy the practice they get from playing the games you learn from this lesson.
3. Fraction Games for 4th Grade
Fractions are a challenge for students to learn, and 4th graders are right in the thick of it. Help them with the process by adding a bit of fun to their learning, and try some of these fractions games.
4. Rounding Games for 4th Grade
Like many topics in math, rounding is all about practice. Help your students get plenty of practice by playing one of these rounding games, suitable for fourth graders.
5. Place Value Games for 4th Grade
Learning place value is a vital step in mathematical fluency. Help keep your fourth graders engaged as they learn, by trying a few of these place value games.
6. 4th Grade Geometry Games
There's a lot of geometry for fourth graders to learn: 2D shapes, 3D shapes, angles, and dozens of terms. Try some of these fun fourth grade geometry games to keep them engaged and learning at the same time.
7. Decimal Games for 4th Grade
Decimals are a new challenge for fourth graders. However, teaching decimals does not have to be a chore. Through the use of these decimal games and activities, both teachers and students can have fun with decimals. Go ahead, check them out!
8. Measurement Games for 4th Grade
Learning to measure things accurately takes practice, but the process can be fun if you use the right activities. Check out a few of these ideas for measurement games suitable for 4th graders.
9. Long Division Games for 4th Grade
Long division is one of the hardest topics in elementary school math. To make it more fun for students and to help them learn at the same time, try out some of these long division games.
10. 4th Grade Math Brain Teasers
Brain teasers can be a great way to get your students excited about math and also help them think on a deeper level. The brain teasers in this lesson are ideal for use with fourth graders.
11. Common Core Math Activities for 4th Grade
The fourth grade Common Core State Standards focus on multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals, as well as 2D geometry and data analysis. This lesson gives you some activities for teaching your fourth graders using the common core.
12. Angles Games for 4th Grade
There are lots of ways to make learning about angles fun. One of those ways is by playing games. Try a few of these ideas in your classroom to keep your kids engaged.
13. Fractions of a Group Activities
These activities are designed to encourage fourth graders to work with fractions of a group using different types of data and manipulatives. The activities involve small and large group work and active participation.
14. Minute to Win It Math Activities
'Minute to Win It' activities are based on a popular television gameshow of the same name. In this resource you will find different 'Minute to Win It' math activities for elementary school students.
15. Composing and Decomposing Fractions Activities
Students compose and decompose fractions to identify the parts that comprise the fraction. This asset contains activities for students learning to compose and decompose fractions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Math Games for Elementary School course
- Elementary Math Games & Activities
- Numbers Games & Activities for Kids
- Arithmetic Activities & Games
- 1st Grade Math Games & Exercises
- 2nd Grade Math Games & Activities
- 3rd Grade Math Games & Activities
- 5th Grade Math Games & Activities
- 6th Grade Math Games & Activities
- Basic Math Drills for Kids Lesson Plans
- Elementary Math Problems & Drills
- Math Activities & Games with Food
- Holiday Math Activities