About This Chapter
4th Grade Math: Triangles - Chapter Summary
Assist your 4th graders with their review of triangles through the entertaining video lessons available in this chapter. Students can quickly get up to speed on properties of triangles and will be able to practice identifying triangles and solving for angles. Each lesson has a quiz so you'll be able to easily gauge your 4th graders' knowledge of the topics presented in the video. Once they've watched all the videos in the chapter, students can take a chapter exam to further reinforce their understanding of triangles.
Chapter Lessons and Objectives
|Triangles: Definition and Properties||This lesson covers common vocabulary for triangles and their parts.|
|Classifying Triangles by Angles and Sides||Students learn to classify triangles by angles and sides and study common triangle types.|
|Interior and Exterior Angles of Triangles: Definition & Examples||Instructors use examples to demonstrate how to find a triangle's interior and exterior angles.|
|How to Identify Similar Triangles||With this lesson, students learn methods for identifying similar triangles.|
|Angles and Triangles: Practice Problems||Students can practice solving for triangles and angles.|
|Practice Identifying Triangles||The lesson lets students practice identifying acute, right, equilateral, isosceles and other types of triangles.|
1. Triangles: Definition and Properties
What makes a shape a triangle? In this lesson, we'll explore the definition of a triangle, then analyze the parts of triangles, including the vertices, base and height.
2. Classifying Triangles by Angles and Sides
Not all triangles are the same. There are equilateral, isosceles and scalene triangles. Then there are right, acute and obtuse triangles. In this lesson, we'll learn how to classify triangles using their sides and angles.
3. Interior and Exterior Angles of Triangles: Definition & Examples
Knowing just a few things about the interior or exterior angles of triangles is sometimes all you need to put all the pieces together. Find out more in this lesson.
4. How to Identify Similar Triangles
Similar triangles have the same characteristics as similar figures but can be identified much more easily. Learn the shortcuts for identifying similar triangles here and test your ability with a quiz.
5. Angles and Triangles: Practice Problems
Want more practice solving with angle pairs? How about more review for solving angles in triangles? Look no further. Get more practice here, and test your ability with a quiz.
6. Practice Identifying Triangles
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to identify all kinds of triangles. You'll learn the identifying factors of each type of triangle, including the kinds of angles and lines to look for.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 4th Grade Math: Practice & Review course
- 4th Grade Math: Number Sense & Arithmetic
- 4th Grade Math: Number Properties
- 4th Grade Math: Solving Math Word Problems
- 4th Grade Math: Estimation & Rounding
- 4th Grade Math: Addition
- 4th Grade Math: Subtraction
- 4th Grade Math: Multiplication
- 4th Grade Math: Multiples of Whole Numbers
- 4th Grade Math: Division
- 4th Grade Math: Simplifying Whole Number Expressions
- 4th Grade Math: Basic Algebraic Expressions
- 4th Grade Math: Data & Graphs
- 4th Grade Math: Probability & Statistics
- 4th Grade Math: Units of Measurement
- 4th Grade Math: Introduction to Geometric Figures
- 4th Grade Math: Angles
- 4th Grade Math: Quadrilaterals
- 4th Grade Math: Circles
- 4th Grade Math: Polyhedrons & Geometric Solids
- 4th Grade Math: Perimeter, Area & Volume
- 4th Grade Math: Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence
- 4th Grade Math: Fractions
- 4th Grade Math: Operations with Fractions
- 4th Grade Math: Decimals
- 4th Grade Math: Operations with Decimals
- 4th Grade Math: Money
- 4th Grade Math: Time
- 4th Grade Math: The Coordinate Graph
- 4th Grade Math: Patterns & Sequences