About This Chapter
4th Grade Science: Atoms, Elements & Solutions - Chapter Summary
Our specially designed chapter covers atoms, elements, concentration and saturation and atom-related topics. These lessons were written by a professional instructor who understands how to keep the attention of your 4th grader while helping him or her learn about these important subjects. Print each lesson to use as an offline study guide, or access this chapter on any computer, tablet or mobile device 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The histroy and definition of an atom
- Facts about elements
- Identifying mixtures and solutions
- The differences between concentration and saturation
- Michael Faraday's contributions to science
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with atoms, elements and solutions topics will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about atoms, elements and solutions.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding atoms, elements and solutions topics
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about atoms, elements and solutions
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about atoms, elements and solutions
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the atoms, elements and solutions topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about atoms, elements and solutions.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands atoms, elements and solutions by completing the 4th Grade Science: Atoms, Elements & Solutions exam.
1. What is an Atom? - Lesson for Kids
This lesson will introduce you to the atom, which is the smallest building block of everything in our universe. You will learn about the basic structure of atoms and how they form different substances.
2. History of the Atom Lesson for Kids
This lesson focuses on how ideas about atoms - the smallest particle you can even imagine - have changed based on new evidence scientists have discovered. Let's learn more about the history of atoms.
3. Elements Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Gold. Oxygen. Lead. Darmstadtium. While you may have never heard of darmstadtium, believe it or not, it has something in common with gold, oxygen, and lead. All four words are the name of elements. Let's get ready to learn all about elements!
4. Mixtures & Solutions Lesson for Kids: Definitions & Examples
Mixtures and solutions are all over the place, you just have to know what you are looking for to find them. Learn how to define mixture and solution, as well as identify real-world examples of both.
5. Concentration & Saturation Lesson for Kids: Definitions & Examples
Scientists use solutions to study cells, make chemical reactions, and monitor how polluted air, water, and soil are. Understanding concentrations and solutions is important in this type of research. Find out more about these concepts in this lesson.
6. Michael Faraday Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Michael Faraday was a famous scientist in London in the 1800's. In this lesson, you will learn how Michael Faraday went from a poor boy to an amazing scientist that would help create inventions that shape our lives today.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 4th Grade Science course
- 4th Grade Science: Scientific Investigation
- 4th Grade Science: Matter Properties & Changes
- 4th Grade Science: Energy Types & Changes
- 4th Grade Science: Waves & Sound
- 4th Grade Science: Electricity
- 4th Grade Science: The Solar System
- 4th Grade Science: The Planets
- 4th Grade Science: Geology
- 4th Grade Science: Weathering & Erosion
- 4th Grade Science: Rock Properties & Types
- 4th Grade Science: The Atmosphere
- 4th Grade Science: Weather & Climate
- 4th Grade Science: Ecosystems
- 4th Grade Science: Living Things & Life Cycles
- 4th Grade Science: The Human Body
- 4th Grade Science: The Circulatory System