About This Chapter
4th Grade Science: The Human Body - Chapter Summary
Scientific topics related to the human body such as lung cancer, the liver and the respiratory tracts are presented in this chapter for you and your 4th grader to review. Our instructors have created kid-friendly lessons that keep your student's attention and present the material in an interesting way. The text lessons can also be printed as study guides or used to create your own study aids or homeschool materials.
- Overview of the systems in the human body
- The human respiratory system and its function
- Upper and lower respiratory tracts
- Causes and treatments for lung cancer
- The lymphatic system
- The role of the liver
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with human body topics will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the human body.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the systems in the human body
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the human body
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the human body
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the human body topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the human body.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the human body by completing the 4th Grade Science: The Human Body exam.
1. Human Body Systems Lesson for Kids
Your body is a complex machine. From your brain to your heart to your stomach to your bones and muscles, all of your body systems are constantly doing very important jobs. Below you will learn about five of your body systems.
2. The Respiratory System Lesson for Kids
Your respiratory system is what you use when you breathe in and out. In this lesson, you'll learn about the respiratory system, its parts and how breathing works.
3. Upper Respiratory Tract: Lesson for Kids
Most likely you know that you need to breathe to live, but do you know how air gets inside of you? Learn about the parts of the upper respiratory system and how it moves air in and out of you.
4. Lower Respiratory Tract: Lesson for Kids
Did you ever notice how your chest gets bigger when you take a deep breath? Your lower respiratory tract is inside your chest. Breathing pulls air into the tract causing your chest to expand. Learn about the lower respiratory tract.
5. Respiratory System Function Lesson for Kids
Your respiratory system lets you breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide. But that's not all it does! In this lesson, we'll discuss the respiratory system, how it helps you breathe and more.
6. Lung Cancer Lesson for Kids
There are about 200,000 new cases of lung cancer every year in the United States. This makes it very important for you to stay informed about this disease. Learn about the causes, signs and treatment options for lung cancer.
7. Lymphatic System Lesson for Kids
Your lymphatic system is a hard-working part of your body. It cleans up leaked fluids and plays a role in protecting you from infections. Learn about the parts of your lymphatic system and what they do!
8. Liver Facts: Lesson for Kids
Did you know one of your organs can regrow itself? That's right--your liver can regenerate, or regrow itself. Learn more about the liver, where it is in the body, and the amazing things it does to keep you healthy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 4th Grade Science course
- 4th Grade Science: Scientific Investigation
- 4th Grade Science: Atoms, Elements & Solutions
- 4th Grade Science: Matter Properties & Changes
- 4th Grade Science: Energy Types & Changes
- 4th Grade Science: Waves & Sound
- 4th Grade Science: Electricity
- 4th Grade Science: The Solar System
- 4th Grade Science: The Planets
- 4th Grade Science: Geology
- 4th Grade Science: Weathering & Erosion
- 4th Grade Science: Rock Properties & Types
- 4th Grade Science: The Atmosphere
- 4th Grade Science: Weather & Climate
- 4th Grade Science: Ecosystems
- 4th Grade Science: Living Things & Life Cycles
- 4th Grade Science: The Circulatory System