About This Chapter
4th Grade Science: Weathering & Erosion - Chapter Summary
Science topics including water and wind erosion, weathering, soil science and glaciers are included in this chapter especially designed for young learners. Each lesson also features a quiz so you can test your 4th grader's understanding of the erosion and weathering subjects they've learned in class. Use these study materials at your convenience, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have questions, our instructors are available to offer more help.
- Define weathering
- Detail the types of erosion
- Explain how wind and water erosion operate
- Give facts about glaciers
- Describe the science of soil
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with erosion topics will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the process of weathering and erosion.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding science subjects
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about weathering and erosion
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about weathering and erosion
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the erosion topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about weathering and erosion.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands erosion and weathering by completing the 4th Grade Science: Weathering & Erosion exam.
1. Weathering Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, you will discover how big rocks turn into small rocks through a process called weathering. You will be able to define weathering and name the different types.
2. Erosion Lesson for Kids: Definition, Facts & Types
Did you know that some landforms get created by a destructive process? In this lesson you will learn how erosion affects the surface of the Earth through different forces.
3. Water Erosion Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, learn how Mother Nature uses four types of water erosion to move soil and particles from one area to another. You will also find out how humans cause water erosion and the effect it has on Earth.
4. Wind Erosion Lesson for Kids
Although we can't see it, wind is a powerful force that affects the Earth's surface all the time. In this lesson, you will learn what wind erosion is, what types there are, and some of the awesome features created by wind erosion.
5. Glacier Facts: Lesson for Kids
From Glacier National Park in Montana to the large ice sheets of the Arctic, glaciers abound throughout the Earth. These giant ice sheets have been around for thousands of years. Find out more about the types, sizes, and formations of glaciers.
6. Soil Science Lesson for Kids
This lesson teaches you about soil and why it's important. We'll explore what soil is, the different types of soil, and the layers of soil within Earth's crust.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 4th Grade Science course
- 4th Grade Science: Scientific Investigation
- 4th Grade Science: Atoms, Elements & Solutions
- 4th Grade Science: Matter Properties & Changes
- 4th Grade Science: Energy Types & Changes
- 4th Grade Science: Waves & Sound
- 4th Grade Science: Electricity
- 4th Grade Science: The Solar System
- 4th Grade Science: The Planets
- 4th Grade Science: Geology
- 4th Grade Science: Rock Properties & Types
- 4th Grade Science: The Atmosphere
- 4th Grade Science: Weather & Climate
- 4th Grade Science: Ecosystems
- 4th Grade Science: Living Things & Life Cycles
- 4th Grade Science: The Human Body
- 4th Grade Science: The Circulatory System