About This Chapter
5th Grade Math: Factors & Multiples - Chapter Summary
This convenient math tutoring resource explores fundamental factor and multiple concepts for 5th graders. As your students work through the chapter, they'll define prime and composite numbers as well as prime factors and least common multiples. This self-paced and mobile-friendly chapter comes with several multiple-choice quizzes to help your students retain the information they've studied and practice solving math problems that involve factors and multiples.
- Prime numbers
- Composite numbers
- Prime factors from 0 - 100
- Greatest common factors and least common multiples
1. What Are Prime Numbers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll do a brief review of factors, and then learn how factors make prime numbers unique. You can also test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
2. What Are Composite Numbers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what composite numbers are and briefly touch on prime numbers. You'll also learn a couple of rules about composite numbers. Then, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
3. Prime Factors up to 100: Lesson for Kids
Prime factors are needed when you want to take a number down to its bare basics. Sometimes in math, you need to find the prime factor in order to do other types of equations. This is a step between what you know and what you will know!
4. Word Problems: Greatest Common Factor & Least Common Multiple
In this video lesson, you will learn what kinds of word problems you can expect to see that involve the greatest common factor or the least common multiple. Learn what you need to do to understand these problems and then to solve them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 5th Grade Math course
- 5th Grade Math: Numbers & Number Sense
- 5th Grade Math: Integers & Whole Numbers
- 5th Grade Math: Multiplication & Division
- 5th Grade Math: Understanding Fractions & Decimals
- 5th Grade Math: Ratios & Percentages
- 5th Grade Math: Exponents & Square Roots
- 5th Grade Math: Pre-Algebra
- 5th Grade Math: Multi-Step Problems
- 5th Grade Math: Measurement
- 5th Grade Math: Geometric Shapes
- 5th Grade Math: Geometric Construction
- 5th Grade Math: Statistics & Probability