About This Chapter
5th Grade Math: Factors & Multiples - Chapter Summary
This convenient math tutoring resource explores fundamental factor and multiple concepts for 5th graders. As your students work through the chapter, they'll define prime and composite numbers as well as prime factors and least common multiples. This self-paced and mobile-friendly chapter comes with several multiple-choice quizzes to help your students retain the information they've studied and practice solving math problems that involve factors and multiples.
- Prime numbers
- Composite numbers
- Prime factors from 0 - 100
- Greatest common factors and least common multiples
1. What Are Prime Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Prime numbers are numbers that have exactly two factors--1 and itself. Learn about the definition and examples of prime numbers, and explore rules associated with them.
2. What Are Composite Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Composite numbers have several factors, including 1 and itself. Learn about the definition of a composite number, the difference between prime and composite numbers, and see some examples of prime, composite, and even numbers.
3. Prime Factors up to 100: Lesson for Kids
Prime factors are needed when you want to take a number down to its bare basics. Sometimes in math, you need to find the prime factor in order to do other types of equations. This is a step between what you know and what you will know!
4. Word Problems: Greatest Common Factor & Least Common Multiple
In this video lesson, you will learn what kinds of word problems you can expect to see that involve the greatest common factor or the least common multiple. Learn what you need to do to understand these problems and then to solve them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the 5th Grade Math course
- 5th Grade Math: Numbers & Number Sense
- 5th Grade Math: Integers & Whole Numbers
- 5th Grade Math: Multiplication & Division
- 5th Grade Math: Understanding Fractions & Decimals
- 5th Grade Math: Ratios & Percentages
- 5th Grade Math: Exponents & Square Roots
- 5th Grade Math: Pre-Algebra
- 5th Grade Math: Multi-Step Problems
- 5th Grade Math: Measurement
- 5th Grade Math: Geometric Shapes
- 5th Grade Math: Geometric Construction
- 5th Grade Math: Statistics & Probability