About This Chapter
5th Grade Science: The Human Body - Chapter Summary
This study of the human body includes lessons on stress management, goal setting and the systems of the human body. Designed especially for the attention span of your 5th grader, our lessons present these topics in a way that is simple and interesting. Use the quizzes to measure how well your student understands this material and where some lessons may need to be re-read. Our instructors are available to assist you if you have questions as you move through the chapter.
- The systems of the human body including the endocrine system
- What puberty is
- Health and wellness for kids
- Nutrition and stress management
- How to set goals
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with human body topics will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the human body.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the human body
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the body
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about the human body (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the human body
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the human body topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the body.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the human body by completing the 5th Grade Science: The Human Body chapter exam.
1. Human Body Systems Lesson for Kids
Learn about human body systems, which are groups of organs and tissues that work together for a common purpose. Discover facts about the nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, and musculoskeletal systems.
2. Endocrine System Lesson for Kids
The endocrine system instructs the body on what to do to perform its basic functions. Explore the parts of the endocrine system, such as the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, adrenal glands, pancreas, and other glands, and how they function.
3. What is Puberty? - Lesson for Kids
Learn about puberty, a stage of development between childhood and adulthood. Discover the changes that occur during puberty, different changes for males and females, and the glands and hormones responsible for the changes.
4. Health & Wellness: Lesson for Kids
Learning about health and wellness is important to understand what contributes to good health. Explore the role of exercise, diet, hydration, hygiene, and immunizations in creating and maintaining health and wellness.
5. Nutrition Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Learn about nutrition and how proper nutrients support the body. Discover the substances that are part of nutrition, such as vitamins, and how foods provide those nutrients. Then, explore the different food groups and the food pyramid.
6. Stress Management: Lesson for Kids
Stress management helps kids and grown-ups when they are feeling worried or scared. Learn some of the things that can make a person feel stressed and how to manage stress through different techniques that can bring peace to the mind and body.
7. Goal Setting Lesson for Kids
Learn what defines a goal and how to set personal goals. Discover the importance of envisioning the desired result, breaking down the goal into achievable steps, reflecting on one's progress, and how progress rewards can lead to more success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the 5th Grade Science course
- 5th Grade Science: Scientific Investigation
- 5th Grade Science: Chemistry Overview
- 5th Grade Science: Properties of Simple Electronic Circuits
- 5th Grade Science: Properties of Light
- 5th Grade Science: Chemical & Physical Properties of Matter
- 5th Grade Science: Matter & Energy in Ecosystems
- 5th Grade Science: Classification of Living Things
- 5th Grade Science: Cell Structures & Processes
- 5th Grade Science: Plant Structures & Processes
- 5th Grade Science: Life Cycles & Reproduction
- 5th Grade Science: Weather, Climate & Meteorology
- 5th Grade Science: Earth Changes
- 5th Grade Science: Earth Systems & Resources
- 5th Grade Science: Space Systems