About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other 9th grade English work.
- Identify the capitalization and spelling concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our 9th Grade English Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about capitalization and spelling and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the rules of capitalization in writing, words that are commonly confused in English or any other 9th grade capitalization and spelling topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their 9th grade capitalization and spelling unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in 9th grade English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about capitalization and spelling simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn capitalization and spelling on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Study capitalization rules in writing.
- Discover English words that are commonly confused.
- Examine words that sound alike (homonyms and homophones).
1. Capitalization Rules in Writing
Capitalization is a very important concept in standard grammar in the written form of the English language. Watch this video lesson to learn what capitalization is and when to use it.
2. Commonly Confused Words in English
Is it 'accept' or 'except?' 'Affect' or 'effect?' How do you know when to use 'there,' 'their,' or 'they're?' Watch this video lesson to learn about some confusing words in English and how to properly use each one.
3. Spelling: Words That Sound Alike (Homonyms & Homophones)
Watch this lesson to learn to differentiate between words that sound alike but may be spelled differently. We'll specifically look at homonyms, homographs, and homophones.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 9th Grade English: Tutoring Solution course
- 9th Grade English - Prose: Tutoring Solution
- American Novels for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- American Short Stories for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Ancient Literature for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- British Fiction for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Contemporary Fiction for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- 9th Grade Dramatic Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Drama for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Poetry for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- 9th Grade Literary Terms: Tutoring Solution
- Text Analysis and Close Reading in 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to High School Writing: Tutoring Solution
- 9th Grade Essay Basics: Types of Essay: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process for 9th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Conventions in 9th Grade Writing: Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- Using Source Materials in 9th Grade English: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of 9th Grade Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- 9th Grade Grammar Usage: Tutoring Solution
- Punctuation in 9th Grade Writing: Tutoring Solution