About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your grammar usage homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your grammar usage homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Identification of subject-verb agreement errors
- Identification of verb tense errors
- Identification of singular and plural pronoun errors
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
4. What Are Strong Verbs? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about strong verbs. By the end of the lesson, you will be able to identify strong verbs in sentences and understand their importance in writing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 9th Grade English: Homework Help Resource course
- 9th Grade English - Prose: Homework Help
- American Novels for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- American Short Stories for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Ancient Literature for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- British Fiction for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Contemporary Fiction for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- 9th Grade Dramatic Literature: Homework Help
- Drama for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Poetry for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- 9th Grade Literary Terms: Homework Help
- Text Analysis and Close Reading in 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Introduction to High School Writing: Homework Help
- 9th Grade Essay Basics: Types of Essay: Homework Help
- The Writing Process for 9th Grade: Homework Help
- Conventions in 9th Grade Writing: Grammar: Homework Help
- Using Source Materials in 9th Grade English: Homework Help
- Elements of 9th Grade Grammar: Homework Help
- Punctuation in 9th Grade Writing: Homework Help
- American Literature for Middle Grades
- British Literature for Middle Grades