About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material within the staves of A Christmas Carol will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the book's content. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the plot and character developments throughout each stave of A Christmas Carol
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the A Christmas Carol Stave Summaries practice exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction makes the story's plot easy to keep up with.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the A Christmas Carol Stave Summaries practice exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about each stave of A Christmas Carol for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Summaries of the book's first two staves
- An overview of staves 3 and 4
- Analyzing the final stave of the book
1. A Christmas Carol Stave 1 Summary
In Stave 1 of ''A Christmas Carol,'' readers meet Ebenezer Scrooge, the miserly main character of Charles Dickens' novella. Scrooge is annoyed by the Christmas season, and upon returning home, encounters a ghost who looks strangely familiar.
2. A Christmas Carol Stave 2 Summary
This lesson takes a look at Stave 2 from Charles Dickens's 'A Christmas Carol.' In Stave 2, Scrooge is visited by the Ghost of Christmas Past, who takes the old miser to review some scenes from his own history.
3. A Christmas Carol Stave 3 Summary
In Stave 3 of Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol', the Ghost of Christmas Present appears to Scrooge. Learn more about what happens on Scrooge's journey with this ghost.
4. A Christmas Carol Stave 4 Summary
In Stave 4 of Charles Dickens' ''A Christmas Carol,'' The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come visits Ebenezer Scrooge. The spirit shows Scrooge the grim future that awaits him. Watch this video to learn more.
5. A Christmas Carol Stave 5 Summary
This lesson provides an overview of Stave 5 of Charles Dickens's ~'A Christmas Carol.~' Stave 5 is the last one in the story, and here we see the results of Scrooge's visits with the spirits and find him a very changed man!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page