About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering chapter summaries of A Wrinkle in Time will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to understand the key components of each chapter in this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing what happens in each chapter of A Wrinkle in Time
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the A Wrinkle in Time Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the A Wrinkle in Time Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the specific events that occurred in each chapter of A Wrinkle in Time for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Synopsis of the story's plot
- Detailed summaries of chapters 1-12
- Review of the novel's climax
1. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 1 Summary
Meg Murry is just your typical loser, but life with her less-than-typical family is about to get a lot stranger. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 1: Mrs. Whatsit of A Wrinkle in Time.
2. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 2 Summary
Meg and Charles Wallace meet a friend in the woods, visit a not-so-haunted house, and get a cryptic message about their long-absent father. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 2 of ''A Wrinkle in Time''.
3. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 3 Summary
Did you ever get interrupted just as you were about to make a move? Calvin returns to the Murry house and Meg reveals how smart she really is. But just as Calvin and Meg might begin to explore their feelings for each other, things get even weirder. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 3 of ''A Wrinkle in Time''.
4. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 4 Summary
Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin travel to the planet Uriel, where the true form of Mrs. Whatsit is revealed and they get the first glimpse of the unimaginable evil they are facing. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 4 of 'A Wrinkle in Time'.
5. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 5 Summary
Meg and the others learn that Mr. Murry is on a planet that has fallen to the darkness, but not all is lost. For now, they are the newest warriors in a battle that includes the entire universe. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 5 of ''A Wrinkle in Time.''
6. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 6 Summary
In chapter 6 of ''A Wrinkle in Time'', Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin make it to the planet where they believe Mr. Murry has been. However, it is a strange and creepy place, obviously controlled by the Black Thing.
7. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 7 Summary
Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin enter CCI and come face-to-face with evil itself. This lesson will focus on the summary of chapter 7 of 'A Wrinkle in Time.'
8. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 8 Summary
Do you think it is important to be an individual or to be just like everyone else? In Chapter 8 of 'A Wrinkle in Time,' Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin learn just how far Camazotz will go to preserve conformity.
9. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 9 Summary
Though Meg has found her father, she is in danger of losing her brother, and her life, as they finally meet IT face-to-face. This lesson focuses on the summary of Chapter 9 of 'A Wrinkle in Time.'
10. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 10 Summary
Knocked unconscious while tessering off Camazotz, Meg slowly wakes with many questions. In this lesson, we will summarize Chapter 10 of Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time.'
11. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 11 Summary
Very weak from tessering off Camazotz, Meg is healed physically by a mysterious race of creatures called Ixchelians. But her biggest battle is still in the future. This lesson will focus on the summary of Chapter 11 of 'A Wrinkle in Time.'
12. A Wrinkle in Time Chapter 12 Summary
In the final chapter of 'A Wrinkle in Time,' all the characters come together to help Meg rescue her brother. This lesson will review the major events in Chapter 12 that lead to the conclusion of this novel by Madeleine L'Engle.
13. What is the Climax of A Wrinkle in Time?
Madeleine L'Engle's ''A Wrinkle in Time'' tells the story of two children's quest to find their missing father. Meg and Charles must find a way to fight the force of evil and bring their father back home. But what will their secret weapon be? The part of a story where the conflict is about to be resolved and the reader's interest is at its highest is called the ''climax''. Let's take a look at ''A Wrinkle in Time'' to learn what its climax is.
14. A Wrinkle in Time Activities
''A Wrinkle in Time'' by Madeleine L'Engle is a classic childhood novel, however, it can be a little confusing in spots. The activities in this lesson are designed to help your students get as much as possible out of their reading.
15. A Wrinkle in Time Vocabulary
Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' deals with some complex topics and themes. In order to have a clearer understanding of the language L'Engle uses, this lesson will take a look at some of the more challenging vocabulary words in her novel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.