About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering A Wrinkle in Time characters material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the key figures in this story. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the characters from A Wrinkle in Time
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review by taking the A Wrinkle in Time Characters chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the A Wrinkle in Time Characters chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about characters found in A Wrinkle in Time for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Outline of the main characters from the story
- Detailed analysis of specific characters, including Meg, Charles Wallace, Calvin O'Keefe, Mrs. Whatsit and Mrs. Who, among others
- Discussion of figures such as IT, The Black Thing, The Happy Medium and Aunt Beast
1. Main Characters of A Wrinkle in Time
The popular science fiction novel ''A Wrinkle in Time'' has several main and secondary characters that add to the vividness of this book. This lesson lists these characters and describes their role in the plot. Take a look.
2. Meg in A Wrinkle in Time
Meg Murry is the main character in ''A Wrinkle in Time''. She must overcome her insecurities to travel to a distant world, find her father, and escape back home to planet Earth. We're going to get into Meg's head and see what makes her tick.
3. Charles Wallace in A Wrinkle in Time
Charles Wallace plays a key role in 'A Wrinkle in Time.' He is one of three children who set off on a journey to rescue Dr. Murry from the planet Camazotz. The focus of this lesson is on the unique role of Charles Wallace in the story.
4. Calvin O'Keefe in A Wrinkle in Time
In 'A Wrinkle in Time,' Charles Wallace and Meg Murry embark on a journey through time and space to rescue their father. Calvin O'Keefe joins them on their quest. This lesson will focus on the character Calvin O'Keefe.
5. Mrs. Whatsit in A Wrinkle in Time
Madeleine L'Engle's science fiction/fantasy book, 'A Wrinkle in Time' has characters that are believable and realistic as well as characters that are entirely fanciful. This lesson's focus is on one of the fanciful characters, Mrs. Whatsit.
6. Mrs. Who in A Wrinkle in Time
In ''A Wrinkle in Time'' by Madeline L'Engle, Meg and Charles search for their father, who disappears while studying tesseracts, with the help of the three Mrs. Ws. Let's learn more about Mrs. Who.
7. Mrs. Which in A Wrinkle in Time
''A Wrinkle in Time'' by Madeleine L'Engle is the story of a family that has been torn apart by an evil force in the fifth dimension. With the help of some stars in human form, Meg and Charles save their father. Let's learn more about Mrs. Which.
8. The Happy Medium in A Wrinkle in Time
On a journey to rescue their father, the children in 'A Wrinkle in Time' meet The Happy Medium. In this lesson, you will learn about this character and the way she assists the children in their quest.
9. Aunt Beast in A Wrinkle in Time
Aunt Beast is one of many unusual creatures in 'A Wrinkle in Time.' Its appearance and perspective on life differ greatly from that of humans. In this lesson, you will learn about Aunt Beast's role in the story as well as what Meg, Mr. Murry, and Calvin learn from this creature.
10. The Black Thing in A Wrinkle in Time
'A Wrinkle in Time,' by Madeleine L'Engle, presents a struggle between good and evil in the science fiction/fantasy genre. One of the key elements in this story is the Black Thing, which is the subject of this lesson.
11. The Man with Red Eyes in A Wrinkle in Time
'A Wrinkle in Time' by Madeleine L'Engle, is filled with unusual people and creatures. Some of them help Meg and Charles Wallace on their quest to find their father; others act as barriers. The subject of this lesson is one of the barriers: The Man with Red Eyes.
12. IT in A Wrinkle in Time
Madeleine L'Engle's sci-fi/fantasy book 'A Wrinkle in Time' includes vivid examples of both goodness and evil. One of the most frightening examples of evil is a character called IT. This lesson will focus on the role of IT in the story.
A Wrinkle in Time Character List & Flashcards
If you need help studying for a test on A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle, use this flashcard set. This set includes all the main and secondary characters, how they interact, and major plot points, and also defines significant terms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.