About This Chapter
About the AP English Literature Test - Chapter Summary & Learning Objectives
If you're preparing for the AP English Literature test, take a look at this series of articles to review basic information about the exam. These articles help you learn about:
- AP English Literature test preparation methods
- The test's composition and literature reading list
- Common exam questions
- Essay prompts that could appear on the AP English Literature exam
These articles can benefit your AP English Literature test preparation process because:
- They're convenient: The articles can be reviewed at any time, and they're accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
- They're authoritative: These articles contain accurate information about the AP English literature test.
- They're useful: Read engaging articles designed to help you become familiar with the types of questions and essay prompts you'll be expected to answer.
- They're concise: The simple nature of these articles help you quickly read through them and remember important exam concepts.
1. AP English Literature Test & Study Guide
Use this article to learn about the format and contents of the AP English Literature and Composition Exam. You can also find out how to pick the right study guide to help you prepare for this test.
2. AP English Literature & Composition Reading List
Reading is a critical component of an AP English Literature and Composition class. Learn about the types of fiction and nonfiction recommended for students taking this course, and find resources you can use to supplement classroom instruction and help students prepare for their AP test.
3. AP English Literature Question Types
Find out what types of questions you'll face on the AP English Literature and Composition exam with this article. Go over strategies for answering these questions and learn how you can study for the exam.
4. AP English Literature Essay Prompts
Practice in writing AP Test questions in the classroom is an effective way of preparing for the test itself. This collection of essay prompts will give an expectation of the test structure and inspiration for the creation of additional prompts.
5. AP English Book List Example
Advanced Placement English courses allow high school students to earn college credit after passing an AP exam. Read on to explore some of the typical books and authors you'll be assigned to read in an AP English course and learn about some helpful study resources.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP English Literature: Exam Prep course
- AP English: Literary Analysis Intro
- AP English: Interpreting Literature
- AP English: Rhetorical Devices
- AP English: Poetry
- AP English: Types of Poetry
- AP English: Prose
- AP English: Prose Fiction
- AP English: American Literary Periods and Movements
- AP English: Examples of American Literary Analysis
- AP English: English Literary Periods and Movements
- AP English: Examples of English Literary Analysis
- AP English: Grammar Review
- AP English: Essay Basics: Types of Essay
- AP English - Essay Basics: Conventions in Essay Writing
- AP English: Beginning the Writing Process
- AP English: Writing & Structuring an Essay
- AP English: Writing Revision and Skill Development
- AP English Literature Flashcards