About This Chapter
About the Compass Test - Chapter Summary
Become familiar with how the Compass test looks and the registration process for the exam with the material you'll see in this chapter. It features videos that illustrate basic preparatory concepts as well as transcripts with highlighted key terms. The lessons within this chapter include the following material:
- An overview of the Compass test
- The registration process
- Compass exam forms
- Scoring procedure
- The exam's structure, including the reading parts
Take some practice quizzes after you are done reviewing the different lessons to assess your grasp of the test's composition. The videos you will come across have lesson transcripts that correspond with what you watch.
ACT Compass Objectives
The ACT Compass exam aims to provide educators with valuable information for placing new students in appropriate courses and arranging needed learning resources. This chapter provides you with information that explains the general setup of the ACT Compass and the flow of the exam so that you know what to expect. Learning objectives for this chapter include comprehending:
- The differences between the Compass and SAT
- The process for test registration
- Items to have with you on the day of the test
1. What is the Compass Test?
The ACT COMPASS test is just one tool colleges use to assess a student's readiness for college-level courses. This lesson explains what the ACT COMPASS test is, and why it is used.
2. The Compass Test Structure
The ACT Compass test is used to measure a student's college readiness and place that student in the appropriate level courses. This lesson explains the structure and components of the Compass test.
3. How the Compass Test is Scored
Some colleges use the ACT Compass test to assess students' readiness for college-level courses and place students in appropriate classes. This lesson explains the ACT Compass test and how it is scored.
4. Registering for the Compass & What to Bring on Test Day
The ACT Compass test is commonly administered to entering college freshmen. The test is used to determine college readiness and help with course placement. This lesson explains how to register for the Compass test and what to bring on test day.
5. How to Be Ready for Test Day
Don't let poor preparation on test day undo all the work you did to get ready for the test. In this lesson, you'll learn some strategies for the big day from a master of time management.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ACT Compass Reading Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- Overview of the Compass Reading Test
- Compass Reading Test: Types of Questions on the Exam
- Compass Reading Test: Understanding Reading Passages
- Compass Reading Test: Practical Reading Interpretation & Analysis
- Compass Reading Test: Prose Fiction Analysis
- Compass Reading Test: Literary Terms
- Compass Reading Test: Practice