About This Chapter
About the FTCE English 6-12 Test - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides you with the opportunity to review information pertaining to the FTCE English 6-12 exam. Find out what to expect regarding registration, essay prompts and what you need to score in order to pass the exam. You can also learn about the exam's retake policy. These short lessons will help you develop the following knowledge:
- Understand what score needs to be earned to pass the FTCE English 6-12 exam
- Describe what essay prompts you might find on this exam
- List the steps in the exam's registration process
- Relate details about how you would retake the exam if necessary
Video and text lessons guide you easily through this information and with 24/7 accessibility you can review these lessons as often as needed. Lesson transcripts are also printable so you can create handy reference tools if desired.
1. FTCE English 6-12: Passing Score
Candidates attempting to pass the FTCE English 6-12 exam will need to earn acceptable scores on each of the test's two subsections. Read on for an explanation of the scoring system and learn how many points you'll need to pass this assessment.
2. FTCE English 6-12 Essay Prompts
This lesson focuses on the Florida Teacher Certification Examination for English writing prompts that can be used to practice for the one essay that is required within the exam.
3. FTCE Test Registration Information
The Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) are a series of tests used to measure the qualifications of prospective teachers in this state. Learn about the registration process for these tests, applicable fees, and available study resources.
4. FTCE Retake Policy
If you did not pass your FTCE exam on the first try, you'll need to take the test again. Read on to learn more about the retake policy for these tests, and find some helpful study guides that might help you improve your scores.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE English 6-12 (013): Practice & Study Guide course
- Language, Literacy & Communication
- Phonology and Word Identification Strategies
- Conventions of Standard English
- Word Comprehension
- Classroom Strategies
- Writing & Analyzing Argumentative Texts
- Composing Informative Texts
- Writing Engaging Narrative Texts
- Brainstorming & Organization for Writing
- Understanding the Writing Process
- Essay Structure & Elements
- Syntax & Sentence Structure
- Citations & References
- Intro to Essay Writing
- Revising & Improving Written Works
- The Research Process for Written Works
- Strategies & Activities for Teaching Vocabulary
- Reading Comprehension & Fluency
- Reading & Writing Instruction
- Effective English Assessment Methods
- Strategies for Analyzing Texts
- Analyzing Expository Texts
- Analyzing Persuasive & Functional Texts
- Genre & Form
- Analyzing Literary Texts
- American Literature
- British Literature
- World Literature
- Poetry Analysis
- Rhetorical Devices
- The Listening Process
- Listening for Comprehension & Meaning
- Delivering Effective Presentations
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- FTCE English 6-12 Flashcards