About This Chapter
About the FTCE General Knowledge Test - Chapter Summary
Use the articles and lessons in this comprehensive overview of the FTCE General Knowledge test to understand how to prepare for the day of the exam. Learn about the purpose of the test, how to register, tips for studying and more. Completing this chapter will enable you to:
- Comprehend the basics of the FTCE General Knowledge test
- Understand the FTCE retake policy
- Get the gist of whether or not the test is hard
- Know the passing score for the test
- Grasp FTCE General Knowledge test essay topics
- Utilize strategies for passing the test
- Complete the test registration process
Resources in this chapter are designed to help you feel confident that you fully comprehend all aspects of the test. Select the lessons you'd like to review, and visit them as often as you'd like to gain full comprehension. Feel free to send any questions about topics covered in this chapter to our experts. All resources are available around-the-clock via any computer or mobile device with Internet access.
1. What is the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
If you're planning to become a professional educator in Florida's public school system, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about the FTCE General Knowledge Test. You can find out whether or not you need to take it, what the test entails and where to find study resources that can help you prepare.
2. Is the FTCE General Knowledge Test Hard?
The FTCE (Florida Teacher Certification Examinations) General Knowledge test assesses a prospective teacher's reading, writing, language, and math skills. Read on to learn more about this exam and find some study resources that can help make the test feel less formidable.
3. FTCE General Knowledge Test: Passing Score
The FTCE General Knowledge test uses a unique point scoring system to grade candidates. Read on for an explanation of how this system works and what exactly qualifies as a passing score on the test.
4. FTCE General Knowledge Test Essay Topics
The General Knowledge Test is required for all teachers who want to teach students at the K-12 levels in Florida. This lesson provides an idea of topics and ideas that will be covered under the essay portion of the exam.
5. How to Pass the FTCE General Knowledge Test
To become certified as a teacher in Florida, you need to show that you have a strong foundation in general knowledge. This lesson will help you understand what to do to ensure you can pass the FTCE General Knowledge Test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE General Knowledge Test (GK) (082): Study Guide & Prep course
- FTCE: Word Choice
- FTCE: Sentence Structure
- FTCE: Grammar Skills
- FTCE: Spelling, Capitalization & Punctuation
- FTCE: Essay Skills
- FTCE: Essay Writing
- FTCE: Literal Reading Comprehension
- FTCE: Inferential Comprehension
- FTCE: Number Sense and Math Operations
- FTCE: Measurement
- FTCE: Geometry and Spatial Sense
- FTCE: Algebraic Thinking
- FTCE: The Coordinate Plane
- FTCE: Data Analysis
- FTCE: Probability
- Studying for FTCE General Knowledge
- FTCE General Knowledge Test Flashcards