About This Chapter
About the GED: Social Studies - Chapter Summary
Treat yourself to an exclusive look at the GED Social Studies test before the day of the exam. The short lessons in this chapter can help you understand the basics of the test, the best ways to prepare for questions, how to register and tips for success. Each lesson focuses on a different topic to help you learn all you need to know about the exam at a pace that works for you. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Utilize the GED Social Studies Prep Course to prepare for questions on the exam
- Understand the test's sections, scoring guideline and registration process
- Showcase your knowledge of the specifics of the GED Social Studies test
- Use strategies that can help you succeed on exam day
Lessons are accessible from any computer, smartphone or tablet and can be reviewed anytime to ensure you get a good grasp of the GED Social Studies test. If you need additional details about any topics covered in the lessons, feel free to submit your questions to our experts. Assess your knowledge of the test by taking short multiple-choice quizzes. A practice chapter exam is also available to reinforce lesson concepts.
1. How to Use the GED Social Studies Prep Course
Are you ready to take the Social Studies GED? The best way to pass is to be prepared and confident on test day, and this course will help you do that. Read this article to learn how to use this prep course to help you study and practice for the Social Studies GED.
2. GED Test Information: Sections, Scoring & Registration
Earning a GED can position you for post-secondary education and greater career opportunities. Read on to learn about the content of the GED tests, how they are scored, and how to register.
3. About the GED Social Studies Test
An important aspect of getting your GED is passing the social studies test. This lesson gives you an overview of the test and helps you understand what to expect, and how to prepare for success.
4. How to Pass the Social Studies GED Test
The social studies portion of the General Education Development (GED) exam assesses high school level knowledge of U.S. and world history, geography, economics and government. Use the guide below to establish a study plan and find helpful test prep resources so you can ace this portion of the GED exam.
5. Strategies for GED Social Studies Test
The GED social studies test should not be too daunting! If you are getting ready to take it, this lesson will give you some good test taking strategies that will prepare you for success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GED Social Studies: Civics & Government, US History, Economics, Geography & World course
- GED Question Types
- GED Social Studies: Reading Skills
- GED Social Studies: Analysis Skills
- GED Social Studies: Writing Skills
- GED Social Studies: Math Skills
- World History (8000 BCE to 600 CE)
- World History (600 to 1600)
- World History (1600 to 1930)
- World History (1930 to Present)
- U.S. History (Pre-Columbian Period to 1791)
- U.S. History (1791 to 1877)
- U.S. History (1877 to 1929)
- U.S. History (1929 to Present)
- Post World War II Politics & Culture
- Types of Governments
- The History of American Democracy
- Key Documents in the Creation of the U.S.
- Overview of Federalism in the United States
- Election Process
- Individual Rights & Civic Responsibilities
- Public Policy Overview
- Foundations of Economics
- Basic Geography Tools & Concepts
- Physical Features of the Earth & the Environment
- Overview & Effects of Human Migration
- GED Social Studies Flashcards