About This Chapter
About the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
The engaging articles and lessons in this chapter provide in-depth details about the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test. Learn all about the structure of the test, when and where you can take the test and how to succeed on exam day. Exploring all of the resources available in this chapter will help you understand the following:
- Purpose of Praxis and details about the Praxis subject tests
- Praxis test dates and testing centers
- Registration process for the Praxis exam
- Tips for taking the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test
- Practice essay topics for the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test
These resources can boost your knowledge of the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test in a variety of ways.
- They're helpful: This chapter's comprehensive overview of the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test can help you grasp the basics of the test and what to expect on the day of the exam.
- They're relevant: These articles and lessons offer up-to-date information about the test to ensure you have access to the correct test date, testing center and registration information.
- They're useful: The articles include resources and additional information to further increase your knowledge of the test, and the lessons offer tips and strategies that can improve your writing skills before taking the test.
- They're accessible: All resources in this chapter are available 24/7 and can be viewed using any computer, smartphone or tablet.
1. What Is Praxis?
The Praxis is a series of exams designed to measure the skills and pedagogical knowledge of teacher candidates. Read on to learn more about the Praxis series, from exam structure and content, to tips on how to prepare.
2. Praxis II Subject Assessment Study Guides & Test Info
Get all the need-to-know information about Praxis II Subject Assessments & ace your test with our Praxis 2 Study Guides.
3. Praxis Test Dates
Praxis tests can be administered continuously or over the course of short testing windows, while a couple of exams are only available once or twice annually. Keep reading to find out when your Praxis exam is offered, learn how to check your state's licensing requirements, and discover resources that can help you prepare for some of these tests.
4. Finding Praxis Testing Centers
Testing centers for Praxis exams can be found across the U.S. and worldwide. Read on to find out where these centers are located, how find one near you and which exams can only be taken in specific states. You can also find out more about the registration process and get tips for test day.
5. How to Register for the Praxis Exam
There are three main ways you can register for the Praxis exam. Continue reading to learn about these registration methods as well as which exam and situations require special registration. You can also find out registration deadlines, basic information about the Praxis exam and how to locate a test center.
6. Praxis Writing Core Test Tips
Getting ready to take the Praxis writing test does not have to be stressful. This lesson helps you prepare by giving you an overview of what to expect and offering tips for you to do your best on the test.
7. Praxis Writing Practice Essay Topics
As you prepare to take the Praxis writing test, it can really help to practice writing essays in the allotted time frame. This lesson offers some practice topics for you to work on as you get yourself ready.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Writing (5722): Study Guide & Practice course
- Praxis I Writing: Focusing Your Essay
- Praxis I Writing: Essay Organization
- Praxis I Writing: Developing Ideas
- Praxis I Writing: Writing Arguments
- Praxis I Writing: Informative and Explanatory Texts
- Praxis I Writing: Language and Sentence Structure
- Praxis I Writing: Grammar
- Praxis I Writing: Structural Relationships
- Praxis I Writing: Word Choice
- Praxis I Writing: Mechanics
- Praxis I Writing: Research Skills
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing Flashcards