About This Chapter
About the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
The engaging articles and lessons in this chapter provide in-depth details about the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test. Learn all about the structure of the test, when and where you can take the test and how to succeed on exam day. Exploring all of the resources available in this chapter will help you understand the following:
- Purpose of Praxis and details about the Praxis subject tests
- Praxis test dates and testing centers
- Registration process for the Praxis exam
- Tips for taking the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test
- Practice essay topics for the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test
These resources can boost your knowledge of the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test in a variety of ways.
- They're helpful: This chapter's comprehensive overview of the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test can help you grasp the basics of the test and what to expect on the day of the exam.
- They're relevant: These articles and lessons offer up-to-date information about the test to ensure you have access to the correct test date, testing center and registration information.
- They're useful: The articles include resources and additional information to further increase your knowledge of the test, and the lessons offer tips and strategies that can improve your writing skills before taking the test.
- They're accessible: All resources in this chapter are available 24/7 and can be viewed using any computer, smartphone or tablet.
1. What Is Praxis?
The Praxis is a series of exams designed to measure the subject & pedagogical knowledge of teacher candidates. Find out which Praxis exams you need to take and how to register. Learn about exam structure, content, and preparation tips.
2. Praxis II Subject Assessment Study Guides & Test Info
Get all the need-to-know information about Praxis II Subject Assessments & ace your test with our Praxis 2 Study Guides.
3. Praxis Test Dates 2019-2020
Confused about which Praxis exams are offered when? View up-to-date Praxis Core and Praxis Subject Assessment test dates and score report release dates. Learn about registration and find resources to begin studying for your Praxis exams.
4. Praxis Registration & Test Center Information 2019-2020
Get the all the information you need to register for the Praxis test and learn more about registration deadlines, test center information and how to prepare for test day!
5. Praxis Writing Core Test Tips
Getting ready to take the Praxis writing test does not have to be stressful. This lesson helps you prepare by giving you an overview of what to expect and offering tips for you to do your best on the test.
6. Praxis Writing Practice Essay Topics
As you prepare to take the Praxis writing test, it can really help to practice writing essays in the allotted time frame. This lesson offers some practice topics for you to work on as you get yourself ready.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Writing (5722, 5723): Study Guide & Practice course
- Praxis I Writing: Focusing Your Essay
- Praxis I Writing: Essay Organization
- Praxis I Writing: Writing Arguments
- Praxis I Writing: Informative and Explanatory Texts
- Praxis I Writing: Language and Sentence Structure
- Praxis I Writing: Grammar
- Praxis I Writing: Structural Relationships
- Praxis I Writing: Word Choice
- Praxis I Writing: Mechanics
- Praxis I Writing: Research Skills
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Writing Flashcards