About This Chapter
About the STARR Tests - Chapter Summary & Learning Objectives
Read through this chapter's articles to learn about the purpose of STARR tests. If you're planning on taking a STARR test, this chapter will help you review and remember important concepts. Read these articles to learn about:
- The purpose of the STARR test
- STARR testing accommodations
- Effective STARR test-taking strategies
- Tips for passing the STARR
These short STARR test articles are helpful for test preparation because:
- They're concise: The short nature of these articles helps you quickly learn and review basic information about these exams.
- They're authoritative: You'll read well-researched articles that include up-to-date information.
- They're reliable: You'll be able to read these articles at any time that's convenient.
- They're useful: The test-taking strategies you learn can help you perform well on STARR tests.
1. What is the STAAR Test?
Students throughout Texas are tested using the STAAR. Read on to learn more about subjects included on the STAAR, and about study resources students can use to make sure they're well prepared for these exams.
2. How to Pass the STAAR Test
Check out this article if you need help passing a STAAR assessment or if you have a student who needs some assistance getting ready. Find out what's covered on each of these tests and learn where you can find study resources to help you prepare.
3. STAAR Test Taking Strategies
STAAR tests can be nerve-wracking for students, along with their parents and teachers. Read on to learn about the best STAAR test-taking strategies to take the stress out of STAAR test days.
4. STAAR Test Accommodations
Texas provides testing accommodations for students with disabilities who meet certain criteria. Read on to learn about the types of STAAR test accommodations and the policies regulating them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the STAAR Biology: Test Prep & Practice course
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- Intro to Cell Biology
- Prokaryotic & Eukaryotic Cells
- Virus Structure & Life Cycle
- How Enzymes Work
- Requirements of Biological Systems
- Cell Communication
- Basics of Metabolic Biochemistry
- Overview of Cell Division
- Basics of DNA & RNA
- Process of DNA Replication
- The Transcription and Translation Process
- Plant Biology
- Plant Reproduction and Growth
- Physiology I: The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, and Musculoskeletal Systems
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems
- Animal Reproduction and Development
- Heredity and Genetics
- Gene Mutations
- DNA and Technology
- The Origin and History of Life On Earth
- The Theory of Evolution
- Natural and Artificial Selection
- Population Evolution
- Organism Classification & Phylogenesis
- Ecological Systems and the Environment
- Ecological Relationships and Species Populations
- Humans and the Environment
- Lab Safety Equipment and Procedures
- Methods of Scientific Research
- Analyzing and Interpreting Scientific Data
- Famous Biologists and Their Impact on Society
- STAAR Biology Flashcards