About This Chapter
About the TABE Test - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Our expert instructors answer questions that you might have about the TABE test with the informative articles provided in this helpful chapter. You'll review topics such as the length of the test, testing locations and the material that you'll be assessed on when you sit for the exam.
This chapter is designed to help you understand the following:
- TABE test scores
- What to expect on the TABE test
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The length of the TABE test
- Locations where the TABE test is offered
- Subjects covered by the TABE test
- How many questions are on the exam
This chapter contains articles to assist in your test preparations by providing the following:
- They're accessible: All of these test prep materials are available to you 24 hours a day on your computer or mobile device.
- They're helpful: If you have any questions as you work through this chapter, assistance from an instructor is available through the Dashboard.
- They're valuable: Essential information is presented in these articles that you can use to study wisely and improve your test scores.
- They're convenient: You can work at your own pace and review as little or as many of the articles provided here as you need to.
1. Is the TABE Test Hard?
Many postsecondary and adult education programs require students to take the TABE test. Success in this exam can open doors of opportunity and influence where you can pursue studies, but is it a difficult test? Find out below.
2. What is a TABE Test?
Performing well on the TABE will not only help you assess and develop crucial life skills but also enable you to pursue further education and career opportunities. Learn about the TABE test below.
3. What is on the TABE Test?
The Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) is used by many institutions to test students' skills in certain academic subject areas. This article details the topics you'll encounter on the TABE, its different levels and formats, and resources you can use to prepare for test day.
4. How to Pass the TABE Test
The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Tests are a series of assessment exams in topics such as math, reading and language. There is no passing score, per se, but your score ranges could be used to place you into various types of adult education classes. Use this article to learn learn about what topics are tested and how to study for those topics. Also, check out study resources, including online courses and practice exams.
5. TABE Test Locations
TABE stands for Test (for) Adult Basic Education. It will assess your aptitude for basic subjects (such as math, reading and grammar) at the high school level. Are you sitting for the TABE? Read on to find out who administers the TABE and where you can take this test.
6. How Long is the TABE Test?
Before you take the TABE, you'll want to know how long the test is in order to fully prepare for a successful testing experience. Keep reading to learn about the TABE test length and get strategies for using your time effectively.
7. How Many Questions are on the TABE Test?
As you begin to prepare for the TABE exam, you're probably wondering what you're up against. This article will explain how many questions are on the TABE exam and give you some tips for answering them.
8. How to Read TABE Test Scores
As you prepare for the TABE, you should be familiar with how the exam is scored and what role the results play in determining your education and career path. Read on to learn more about reading TABE scores.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TABE - Math: Practice & Study Guide course
- TABE Math - Grade K: Counting & Cardinality
- TABE Math - Grade 1: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- TABE Math - Grade 2: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 2: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Operations with Fractions
- TABE Math - Grade 3: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Operations with Fractions
- TABE Math - Grade 4: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Measurement & Data
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Number & Operations in Base Ten
- TABE Math - Grade 5: Operations with Fractions
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Expressions & Equations
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 6: The Number System
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Ratios & Proportional Relationships
- TABE Math - Grade 6: Statistics & Probability
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Expressions & Equations
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Geometry
- TABE Math - Grade 7: The Number System
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Ratios & Proportional Relationships
- TABE Math - Grade 7: Statistics & Probability
- TABE Math - Grade 8: Expressions & Equations
- TABE Math - Grade 8: Functions
- TABE Math - Grade 8: Geometry
- TABE - Math Flashcards