About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your absolute value equations homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your absolute value equations homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Learning how to evaluate absolute value expressions
- Determining how to solve absolute value equations
- Graphing an absolute value and doing transformations
- Solving absolute value practice problems
- Graphing dilations and reflections
1. What is an Absolute Value?
When we're talking and comparing numbers, we often don't care whether it's positive or negative, just how big it is. This is often called the magnitude of a number and we find it by taking the absolute value. Learn all about it here!
2. How to Evaluate Absolute Value Expressions
Substituting values into absolute values doesn't have to be too hard, but it can be if you're given deceiving beginning information. See if you're up to it by checking out this video!
3. How to Solve an Absolute Value Equation
Once you get familiar with any new operation, the next step in any algebra class is to learn how to solve equations with that operation in them. Absolute values are no different. Solve absolute value equations here!
4. Solving Absolute Value Practice Problems
There are many easy mistakes to make when solving absolute value equations. Learn how to avoid those mistakes here by working on examples of absolute value equations with operations on the inside and the outside of the absolute value.
5. How to Graph an Absolute Value and Do Transformations
Absolute value graphs normally look like the letter 'V', but transformations can change that 'V' in a number of different ways. As well as teaching you how to graph absolute values, this video will focus on a specific group of transformations called translations. Learn all about what that means here!
6. Graphing Absolute Value Equations: Dilations & Reflections
Although a basic absolute value graph isn't complicated, transformations can make them sufficiently confusing! In this lesson, you'll practice different transformations of absolute value graphs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Homework Help Resource course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Homework Help
- Working with Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Inequalities in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Coordinate Geometry Review: Homework Help
- Functions for Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Graphing with Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Trig Function Graphs & Rational Expressions in Trigonometry
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Triangle Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Applications of Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Homework Help