About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the ACCESS Math Integers chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the integers topics that you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- What integers are
- How integers are compared
- How to add and subtract integers
- How to multiply and divide integers
- How to plot points on the coordinate plane
- How standard form equations are graphed
ACCESS Math is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What are Integers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about integers - what they are and what distinguishes them from other types of numbers. We'll also take a look at a few examples of things that can or cannot be measured with integers.
2. Absolute Value & Opposite Integers
After watching this video lesson, you'll understand what an absolute value is, and you'll also learn how to find the opposite of an integer. In addition, you'll learn how every pair of opposite integers will always add up to zero.
3. How to Compare Integers
In this lesson, you'll learn how numbers or integers compare to others integers. In no time, you will be able to easily and quickly determine whether one number is smaller than, larger than, or equal to another.
4. Adding Positive & Negative Integers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to add all kinds of integers together. This is a skill that will benefit you when playing games and when doing math tests. After watching the video, try some example problem on your own with our quiz.
5. Subtracting Integers: Rules & Examples
In this lesson, we will cover definitions, rules, and examples for subtracting integers. We'll also provide some helpful tips for dealing with tricky math problems.
6. Multiplying Integers: Rules & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss what numbers are included in the integers and how to multiply them. We will deal with 1-, 2-, and 3-digit numbers as well as negatives and positives. There are some definitions included as well as a quiz at the end.
7. Dividing Integers: Rules & Terminology
In this lesson, we will learn how to divide integers or signed numbers. Determining the correct sign of the answer is a very simple but important step in these calculations. We will also learn the role of zero in division of integers.
8. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
9. Linear Equations: Intercepts, Standard Form and Graphing
Do you know what to do if an equation doesn't look like y=mx+b?! If not, then this video is for you. Chances are the equation is in standard form, so we'll learn how to use standard form equations, how to graph them and why they can be helpful.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ACCESS Math: Online Textbook Help course
- ACCESS Math Unit 1: Number Concepts
- ACCESS Math Unit 2: Introduction to Algebra
- ACCESS Math Unit 3: Decimals
- ACCESS Math Unit 4: Number Theory
- ACCESS Math Unit 5: Fractions & Mixed Numbers
- ACCESS Math Unit 6: Ratios, Proportions & Percents
- ACCESS Math Unit 7: Data & Statistics
- ACCESS Math Unit 8: Geometry
- ACCESS Math Unit 9: Area & Volume
- ACCESS Math Unit 10: Probability
- ACCESS Math Unit 12: More Algebra