About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the ACCESS Math Area & Volume chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the area and volume topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- How to find the perimeter of rectangles and triangles
- How to determine the perimeter of polygons
- Formulas for finding the area of triangles and rectangles
- How to find the area and circumference of a circle
- How to calculate the volume and area of cylinders and prisms
ACCESS Math is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Perimeter of Triangles and Rectangles
Without realizing it, we calculate and use the perimeter of triangles and rectangles in regular everyday situations. Learn more about the perimeter of triangles and rectangles in this lesson, and test your knowledge with a quiz.
2. Finding the Perimeter of Polygons
In this video lesson, you will learn the process you need to take to find the perimeter of polygons. You will also learn that there is a shortcut if your polygon is a regular polygon.
3. Area of Triangles and Rectangles
How do you find out the area of rectangles and triangles? Learn how in this lesson! We'll look at the formulas, then practice solving problems for each shape.
4. Circles: Area and Circumference
Understanding how to calculate the area and circumference of circles plays a vital role in some of our everyday functions. They serve as the foundation for operating with three-dimensional figures. Learn more about the area and circumference of circles in this lesson.
5. Prisms: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson and you will see that there are different kinds of prisms. You will also learn how to separate a prism into its various parts so you can easily find the surface area. You will also learn the formula for the volume.
6. What Are Cylinders? - Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn why soda cans are cylinders and the method by which you can discover how much soda can fit inside by finding the volume. You will also learn about finding a cylinder's surface area.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ACCESS Math: Online Textbook Help course
- ACCESS Math Unit 1: Number Concepts
- ACCESS Math Unit 2: Introduction to Algebra
- ACCESS Math Unit 3: Decimals
- ACCESS Math Unit 4: Number Theory
- ACCESS Math Unit 5: Fractions & Mixed Numbers
- ACCESS Math Unit 6: Ratios, Proportions & Percents
- ACCESS Math Unit 7: Data & Statistics
- ACCESS Math Unit 8: Geometry
- ACCESS Math Unit 10: Probability
- ACCESS Math Unit 11: Integers
- ACCESS Math Unit 12: More Algebra