About This Chapter
Accounting Systems Controls & Security Measures - Chapter Summary
This self-paced chapter offers the assistance you need to better understand accounting systems controls and security measures. Each lesson carefully explores a specific topic, allowing you choose those you need to review and set aside others you already understand. Gain greater insight into business continuity planning, accounting systems and more. Completing this chapter will enable you to:
- List types, advantages and disadvantages of computerized accounting systems
- Identify types of account systems, and describe software examples for each type
- Discuss the process banks use to safeguard money
- Share details about computer and information controls in organizations
- Define and discuss the methodology of business continuity planning
If you're worried that you won't be able to fit your review of accounting systems controls and security measures into your busy schedule, don't fret! This chapter's flexibility ensures you're able to access all resources anytime and from any computer or mobile device. Review lessons in the sequence you decide, and take accompanying quizzes to assess your comprehension. Get answers to any lesson topic questions you have by submitting them to our experts.
1. What Is a Computerized Accounting System? - Types, Advantages & Disadvantages
This lesson explains what a computerized accounting system is, how a company selects a system, and what the advantages and disadvantages of computerized accounting systems are.
2. Accounting Systems & Software
Read this lesson to learn about the different types of accounting systems you can choose from. Learn what the benefits of each type are as well as some software examples of each type of accounting system.
3. Safeguards & Controls of Banking Activities
Money is one of the most highly valued items a person has. Is that money safe when it is deposited in a bank? In this lesson, you'll learn how banks safeguard your money so that you can be confident with every deposit you make.
4. Computers and Information Controls in Organizations
In this lesson, we will explore computer and information controls in organizations related to performance limitations, behavioral limitations, and health risks.
5. What Is Business Continuity Planning? - Definition & Methodology
Is your business ready for a disaster? Read on to learn what business continuity planning is, why companies do it, and how to implement and manage a continuity plan for your business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Management Accountant (CMA): Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Financial Statements Overview
- Financial Valuation, Recognition & Measurement
- Financial Strategic Planning
- Budgeting Concepts for Accountants
- Forecasting Techniques in Business
- Budgeting Methodologies in Accounting
- Annual Profit Planning
- Financial Projections
- Cost & Variance Measures in Performance Management
- Responsibility Centers & Reporting Segments
- Performance Measurement in Accounting
- Cost Measurement & Systems
- Overhead Costs
- Understanding Supply Chain Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Governance, Risk & Compliance in Accounting
- Accounting & Enterprise Information Systems
- Data Governance
- Technology-Enabled Finance Transformation
- Data Analytics
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis
- Profitability Analysis
- Financial Statement Special Issues
- Basics of Corporate Finance
- Capital Management Overview
- Corporate Restructuring
- International Finance Practices
- Business Decision Analysis
- Risk Management for Business
- Investment Decisions
- Accountant Professional Ethics
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Flashcards