About This Chapter
Acids & Bases in Chemistry Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll review professionally-designed lesson plans that focus on acids and bases in chemistry. Topics covered in these plans include the properties of acids and bases, the pH scale, solutions and buffers and the titration of a strong acid or base. If you think your students may have a tough time understanding these concepts, the supplemental lessons can help you successfully convey this information while keeping your students' attention and interest.
How It Helps
- Covers a range of topics: You'll find supplemental lessons that can teach your students about a number of topics related to acids and bases.
- Simplifies planning time: Save time by utilizing these planning tools to help you quickly develop your curriculum.
- Meets educational standards: Designed by experienced educators, these resources can help you ensure your curriculum meets educational standards.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning acids and bases lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific acids and bases topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your acids and bases class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related acids and bases lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important acids and bases concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant acids and bases-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Properties of Acids & Bases Lesson Plan
Some of the most crucial reactions that occur in the biological and chemical world happen between acids and bases. This lesson plan helps your students understand what makes an acid an acid and what makes a base a base.
2. Acids and Bases
Have you ever wondered how we measure the acidity of liquids? Check out this lesson to see how acids and bases are measured on a pH scale and how they relate to neutral solutions, such as water.
3. pH Scale Lesson Plan
Learning about acids and bases can be fun, hands-on and can give students insight into everyday items. This lesson uses labs to teach students about the pH scale and buffers. Math skills are also practiced as students learn to calculate pH and pOH.
4. The pH Scale, Solutions & Buffers
What do lemons, drain cleaner and blood have in common? They are either acids or bases. This lesson will explore acids and bases, giving examples and definitions. It will also explain how to calculate the pH and the pOH, and will define buffers.
5. pH Scale Games & Activities
Getting ready for your unit on acids and bases? These interactive, hands-on activities and games will help bring the pH scale to life for your middle or high school students.
6. Titration Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to teach your students about titrations of acids and bases. Students will watch a video lesson that defines and explains titrations and shows how to determine pH during titration. Hands-on activities and a quiz help students understand content.
7. Titration of a Strong Acid or a Strong Base
Discover what titration is and how to calculate the concentration of an acid or base that has been titrated to equivalence. Learn the meaning of titrant, standard solution and equivalence point. Study titration curves and learn how to determine pH during any point of a titration between a strong acid and strong base.
8. Acids & Bases Activities for High School
Acids and bases are all around us, so understanding the characteristics of these chemicals is an important part of chemistry. Use these hands-on activities to help high school students learn about acids and bases.
9. Acids & Bases Activities for Middle School
When teaching chemistry, acids and bases are an engaging topic for students. You can do everything from conduct experiments using cabbage, to testing a multitude of indicators. These experiments will help you get started teaching acids and bases to your students.
10. Acids & Bases Experiments for Middle School
Experiments are fun ways to liven up science lessons while providing students with important skills and knowledge. This series of acid and base experiments is geared towards middle school students and will enhance lessons on acids and bases.
11. Acids, Bases & Reactions Activities for High School
When students study acids, bases, and chemical reactions, they'll understand how different elements interact when in the presence of each other. Consider using these activities to help students learn about acids, bases, and chemical reactions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Chemistry Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Chemistry Lab Lesson Plans & Activities
- Periodic Table Lesson Plans & Activities
- Atomic Structure Lesson Plans & Activities
- Chemical Reactions & Bonds Lesson Plans
- Gas Laws Lesson Plans
- Radioactivity Lesson Plans
- Macromolecules Lesson Plans & Resources
- Science Games & Activities