About This Chapter
Active Directory Groups & Organizational Units - Chapter Summary
This chapter on active directory groups and organizational units is made up of short lessons and quizzes that help you quickly master these concepts. Work through topics such as the purpose of groups and organizational units, how organizational units are created and the management of active directory groups. Customize your study experience by reviewing as few or as many of the lessons as needed to achieve your goals. Along with each lesson, we've provided a short quiz to ensure you're ready to move on. This chapter has been created to help you complete these goals:
- Provide an overview of the use for groups and organizational units
- Demonstrate how organizational units are created and used in AD for Windows Server 2016
- Outline the types and scopes for active directory groups in Windows Server 2016
- Nest, create and manage active directory groups for Windows Server 2016
1. Creating & Using an Organizational Unit in AD for Windows Server 2016
In this lesson, you will learn what an organization unit, or OU is in relation to Windows Active Directory. You will also learn how to create an OU and how to use an OU to delegate Active Directory Management tasks as well as assign Group Policy settings.
2. Active Directory Group Types & Scopes for Windows Server 2016
In this lesson, you will learn about how Windows Server 2016 handles groups with access tokens. You will also learn about the different types of groups, group scopes as well as nested groups in Active Directory.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server 2016 Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Storage & Replication in Windows Server 2016
- File & Share Access in Windows Server 2016
- Installing & Configuring Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Creating & Managing Active Directory Users & Computers in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6 in Windows Server 2016
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment in Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2016
- Ensuring High Availability in Windows Server 2016 Installations
- Clustering in Windows Server 2016
- Windows Containers in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall in Windows 2016
- Maintaining & Monitoring Windows Server 2016