About This Chapter
Adaptable Organizations, Managers, Teams & Employees - Chapter Summary
This chapter contains brief lessons that can be used to teach your employees about adaptable teams, managers, employees and organizations. The chapter also covers current trends involved with the adaptable workplace. Along with each lesson, we've included a multiple-choice quiz that can be used to ensure employees grasp the key concepts presented in these lessons.
How It Helps
- Provides up-to-date info: You and your teams will understand the latest trends and information surrounding the adaptable workplace.
- Builds understanding: When your managers work through this chapter, they'll understand the importance of being an adaptable manager so they can employ these ideas within their own teams.
- Applies concepts: Your employees will learn about the practical applications of adaptability, giving them ways they can embrace these concepts in their everyday work.
After working through this chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Explain the characteristics of adaptable organizations
- Understand the importance of adaptable managers
- Outline adaptable employees and work teams
- Discuss emerging and current trends in the adaptable workplace
1. Adaptable Organizations: Characteristics & Importance
Adaptable organizations not only adapt to change, but embrace it. In this lesson, you'll learn more about adaptable organizations, the characteristics present, and why it's so important to adapt to change.
2. Adaptable Managers: Characteristics & Importance
If you want to become a more effective leader, you must be an adaptable leader. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the characteristics of adaptable managers and why adaptability is so important in leadership.
3. Adaptable Employees: Characteristics & Importance
Nothing stays the same. That's why businesses need adaptable employees to stay in business. What you'll learn in this lesson is how to identify an adaptable employee and why they are so important.
4. Adaptable Work Teams: Characteristics & Importance
Adaptable work teams find new ways of doing things when situations change or challenges are encountered. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the importance of adaptability and traits of these types of teams.
5. Current & Emerging Trends of the Adaptable Workplace
Technology and culture are always changing, but the rate of that evolution today is unprecedented. With an inability to adapt resulting in the loss of qualified employees, this lesson outlines ways to build an adaptive workforce and retain talent.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Adaptable Teams & Employees course