About This Chapter
Adapting to Changes in Business as a Manager - Chapter Summary
When your employees access this chapter on adapting to changes in business as a manager, they'll review various lessons they can access at all times. Each one reviews a different subject, including the benefits of proactive management, the characteristics of adaptable employees and the process of evaluating worker adaptability in organizations. We've included self-assessment lesson quizzes you can use to assess the knowledge level of your employees' understanding upon completion of a lesson.
How It Helps
- Outlines needed skills: Your teams and team members will learn how to assess and develop management skills and recognize the importance of adaptability in employees and managers.
- Develops confidence: When your employees know how to encourage adaptability in themselves and others, they'll feel more confident about doing their jobs.
- Provides necessary information: Every lesson focuses on a different aspect of adaptability in business, including proactive management and the characteristics of adaptable managers.
Our handy corporate training chapter ensures your employees will be able to:
- Define proactive management
- Assess and develop management skills
- Detail the characteristics and importance of adaptable employees and managers
- Help employees in different roles become adaptable
- Explain how skills for adaptability in employees can be developed
- Differentiate between transferable skills and extensive training in adaptable organizations
- Evaluate worker adaptability
1. Proactive Management: Definition, Benefits & Example
Proactive management is a vital part of risk management that businesses need to practice to achieve success. This lesson explains what proactive management is, its benefits, and strategies for becoming a more proactive manager.
2. Assessing & Developing Management Skills
This lesson identifies critical management skills and explains how managers can assess those skills. It also explores different ways to develop or improve in each skill area.
3. Adaptable Managers: Characteristics & Importance
If you want to become a more effective leader, you must be an adaptable leader. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the characteristics of adaptable managers and why adaptability is so important in leadership.
4. Adaptable Employees: Characteristics & Importance
Nothing stays the same. That's why businesses need adaptable employees to stay in business. What you'll learn in this lesson is how to identify an adaptable employee and why they are so important.
5. Helping Employees in Different Roles Become Adaptable
The lesson describes how a manager who normally oversees employees in a variety of roles, such as full time, part time, or temporary, can help them become adaptable in their particular function.
6. Skills for Adaptable Employees: Types & Development
Employees who want to be adaptive must possess a trio of important skills. In this lesson, you'll learn more about knowledge, transferable skills, and self-management skills and how they can be developed.
7. Transferable Skills vs. Extensive Training in Adaptable Organizations
When looking at job candidates, what's most important? In today's rapidly changing world, companies may need more than they used to. This lesson will look at two major types of skills and how they can benefit companies.
8. Evaluating Worker Adaptability in Organizations
Many businesses today are adopting adaptive strategy. This lesson offers important tools to assess your success at developing adaptive strategy teams.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hiring & Developing Employees course