About This Chapter
Adaptive Leaders & Teams - Chapter Summary
Assign this chapter to your company's managers to help them establish and strengthen their adaptive leadership skills. As they work through the chapter, they'll become familiar with the elements of adaptive leadership, disruptive thinking and collaborative adaptation. They'll also learn strategies for improving work team adaptability.
The chapter offers short lessons that can be accessed at any time that's convenient. Additionally, the chapter comes with short quizzes that can help your managers check their understanding of important adaptable leadership concepts.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Managers who complete the chapter will become aware of the components and characteristics of adaptive leadership and teams.
- Defines key concepts: Lessons offer simple definitions of essential terms, including adaptive leadership and collaborative adaptation.
- Improves agile adaptability: The chapter shows leaders how to improve agile adaptability across their work teams.
By the end of the chapter, your company's leaders should be able to:
- Define adaptive leadership and collaborative adaptation
- Assess the role of disruptive thinking in adaptive leadership
- Recognize the characteristics of adaptive work teams
- Help work teams adapt to change
1. Adaptive Leadership: Definition & Examples
This lesson is first going to go over what an adaptive leader is as well as discuss some of his or her traits. Then, we'll go over some of these many traits in action using specific examples.
2. Disruptive Thinking in Adaptive Leadership
This lesson is going to go over the concept of disruptive thinking as it applies to adaptive leadership. You'll learn about numerous examples of how disruptive thinking can change organizations.
3. Applying Adaptive Leadership in Challenging Environments
Adaptive leadership can improve both the culture and the bottom line of a company, but can it be applied in organizations with challenging cultures? In this lesson, we'll look at how to be an adaptive leader in a tough environment.
4. Adaptable Work Teams: Characteristics & Importance
Adaptable work teams find new ways of doing things when situations change or challenges are encountered. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the importance of adaptability and traits of these types of teams.
5. Collaborative Adaptation: Definition & Importance
Collaborative adaptation is all about how your team approaches and handles change. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this characteristic and how you can encourage and facilitate it in your teams.
6. Strategies to Help Work Teams Adapt to Change
Motivating and encouraging members of work teams through organizational change can be challenging. In this lesson, managers can learn some tips for helping team members successfully navigate change.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.