About This Chapter
Adaptive Leadership & Teams - Chapter Summary
If your company's managers are looking to become more adaptable as team leaders, have them work through this self-paced corporate learning chapter. Inside, your managers will find a series of engaging business lessons that outline the foundations of:
- Emerging markets
- Adaptive leadership
- Adaptable work teams
- Cultural adaptability
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help your managers solidify their understanding of the material, and our expert business instructors can also answer any questions your managers may have. To make the learning process flexible and convenient, we've made the chapter available on any computer or mobile device.
How It Helps
- Establishes awareness: Managers will become aware of the principles of adaptive leadership and work teams.
- Examines key concepts and trends: Lessons offer simple definitions of topics like cultural adaptability, and they highlight issues related to emerging markets.
- Improves managerial skills: Managers who complete the chapter can incorporate basic adaptive leadership strategies to better manage their work teams.
By the end of the chapter, managerial employees should be able to:
- Explain how big emerging markets affect the U.S. and the rest of the world
- Analyze strategies of competition in emerging markets
- Evaluate examples of effective adaptive leadership
- Assess the characteristics and importance of adaptable work teams
- Define the concept of cultural adaptability
1. Effect of Big Emerging Markets on the U.S. & the World
We've all heard phrases like 'the world is flat,' 'increasing globalization,' and 'emerging economies.' This lesson examines the impact of larger emerging markets on the United States and other countries' economies.
2. Strategies & Effects of Competition in Emerging Markets
Emerging markets present an opportunity for local and global companies to grow as the consumer market grows. This lesson looks at some of the strategies used by companies to compete favorably in the new world economy.
3. Adaptive Leadership: Definition & Examples
This lesson is first going to go over what an adaptive leader is as well as discuss some of his or her traits. Then, we'll go over some of these many traits in action using specific examples.
4. Adaptable Work Teams: Characteristics & Importance
Adaptable work teams find new ways of doing things when situations change or challenges are encountered. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the importance of adaptability and traits of these types of teams.
5. Cultural Adaptability: Definition & Development
This lesson defines cultural adaptability. It explains how managers can teach employees to be more respectful and considerate of different cultural backgrounds to help team members to work within a diverse team.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Agility for Organizations course