About This Chapter
Adaptive Mindset & the Psychology of Adaptation - Chapter Summary
In this corporate training chapter, our expert business instructors outline the psychology of adaptation and the applications of adaptive mindsets in business. The chapter's lessons can help your company's managers learn about relevant mindsets and adaptation theories, as well as their practical applications in the workplace.
Use these lessons during corporate training sessions, or have your managers complete them on their own time. The chapter includes short quizzes to help your managers remember important concepts and solidify their understanding of the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter provides insight into the importance of adaptable mindsets in business.
- Compares various mindsets: The chapter examines the similarities and differences between fixed and growth mindsets.
- Covers relevant theories: Managers who complete the chapter will be able to expand and utilize the several adaptation theories.
By the end of the chapter, managers should be able to:
- Explain why an adaptable mindset is important in business
- Differentiate between fixed mindsets and growth mindsets
- Describe the applications of organizational adaptation theory
- Summarize Kirton's adaptation-innovation theory
1. Adaptable Mindset in Business: Definition, Importance & Examples
Adapting in the business world is about how an individual (or business) embraces change and grows. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the adaptable mindset, its importance, and see a few examples.
2. Fixed vs. Growth Mindset
In this lesson, you will learn the difference between the concept of a fixed mindset and the concept of a growth mindset. You will also learn why it is important to cultivate a growth mindset to support future achievement as well as positive psychological health.
3. Organizational Adaptation Theory: Definition & Application
Organizational adaptation theory addresses how business change in the face of market or environmental factors. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this business and see some examples of it in action.
4. Kirton's Adaptation-Innovation Theory: Definition & Examples
Adaptation-innovation theory asserts that different people approach challenges and problem-solving in different ways. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this theory and the adaptors and innovators that it comprises.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Adaptable Teams & Employees course