About This Chapter
Adaptive Organizations - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors have composed this chapter on adaptive organizations and strive to make related concepts interesting for your employees. Short video lessons discuss the characteristics of adaptable organizations and the structure of the boundaryless organization, plus much more. This chapter is mobile-friendly, and you can use it with your employees no matter where they are located.
How It Helps
- Provides understanding: Information about fluid and flexible structures as well as organizational complexity is provided in this convenient and engaging chapter.
- Focuses on leadership: The lessons about adaptive organizations are written with the needs and requirements of the leaders within those organizations in mind.
- Meets training requirements: Whether you need a tool to use in a company-wide meeting or to train new staff members, this chapter meets a variety of training requirements.
Our helpful chapter will assist you in ensuring that your leadership teams can:
- Detail the importance of adaptable organizations
- Differentiate between hierarchical and adaptive organizational structures
- Outline flexible and fluid structures in adaptive organizations
- Provide the advantages of the boundaryless organization
- Define organizational complexity and discuss the strategies it utilizes
- Give an overview of the different types of transformative business models
1. Adaptable Organizations: Characteristics & Importance
Adaptable organizations not only adapt to change, but embrace it. In this lesson, you'll learn more about adaptable organizations, the characteristics present, and why it's so important to adapt to change.
2. Hierarchical vs. Adaptive Organizational Structures
How does an organization's structure impact the organization? In this lesson, we'll look at hierarchical and adaptive organizational structures, including what they are and some key benefits of each.
3. Fluid & Flexible Structures in Adaptive Organizations
What does organizational structure have to do with adaptiveness? In this lesson, we'll look at the impact of fluid and flexible structures on adaptive organizations, including what they are and some strategies for setting them up.
4. The Boundaryless Organization: Structure and Advantages
In this lesson, you will learn how the structure of an organization can create barriers that have a negative impact on its operations. Find out why managers want to reduce or eliminate these barriers and create a boundaryless organization.
5. Organizational Complexity: Definition & Strategies
In this lesson, you will explore the things that make organizations complex. You will understand various strategies for reducing the complexity of an organization and the benefits of this reduction.
6. Transformative Business Models: Overview & Types
What makes a company transformative and what do transformative businesses have in common? In this lesson, we'll look at what transformation means in business and the six elements of transformative businesses.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.