About This Chapter
Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division for Kids - Chapter Summary
Get your students up to speed with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division concepts anywhere you can secure an Internet connection. This chapter offers lessons students can review anytime to ensure they understand the steps involved in performing these mathematical operations. Completing this chapter will enable them to:
- Understand the fundamental theorem of arithmetic
- Perform addition and subtraction operations
- Share the meaning of and understand the process of multiplication
- Exhibit an ability to divide numbers
- Describe addition, subtraction, multiplication and division fact families
Lessons are presented in a fun manner that keeps your students engaged and enhances their ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Select the lessons you want them to review in any order based on their existing knowledge of these math concepts. Assess their comprehension with help from multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam. Any questions about lesson topics can be submitted to our experts.
1. The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic
Do you remember learning arithmetic? In this lesson, we will go over the Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic as we review prime numbers! Let's get started!
2. Addition: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we will discuss addition, a basic operation of math. You will learn what addition is, how to set up and work through an addition problem, and how to use regrouping for more complicated addition problems.
3. Subtraction: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we'll discuss subtraction and the importance of this mathematical operation. You'll learn the steps of subtraction and learn how to borrow during subtraction. Then, test your knowledge with a short quiz!
4. Addition & Subtraction Fact Families
The focus of this lesson is learning all about fact families that are addition and subtraction. By the end of the lesson, you will be able to figure out all the number sentences for addition and subtraction that belong to the fact family.
5. What is Multiplication? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson we will unwrap the ~'magic~' of multiplication and apply what we know about adding to multiplying. We will look at times in real life when multiplication will come in handy!
6. Division Lesson for Kids: Definition & Method
Traditionally people believed that they had to know how to multiply before they could divide, but there are more strategies. Strategies such as drawing pictures or using objects, skip counting, and subtracting are all ways we'll look at using in this lesson about division.
7. Multiplication & Division Fact Families
So you already know your multiplication facts, and you're having a hard time remembering your division facts? Well, in this lesson, you will learn how to use a fact family house to figure out the facts of the other operation - multiplication or division.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NAPLAN Year 3: Test Prep & Practice course
- Understanding the NAPLAN Tests
- Overview of Grammar for Kids
- Spelling & Capitalization for Kids
- Punctuation Rules for Kids
- Reading Comprehension for Kids
- The Writing Process for Kids
- Counting, Number Patterns & Estimation for Kids
- Decimals & Fractions for Kids
- Math Word Problems for Kids
- Understanding Geometry for Kids
- Time, Money & Measurement for Kids
- Reading Basic Graphs, Charts & Figures for Kids
- NAPLAN Year 3 Flashcards