About This Chapter
Additional Topics: Trigonometry - Chapter Summary
In these lesson videos on trigonometry, expert instructors explain trigonometric functions and hyperbolic function with example problems so that you can reinforce your knowledge of the subject. You will review the uses of sine and cosine as well as the technique of graphing derivatives. From this chapter you should gain a mastery of:
- Basic trigonometric functions
- Solving trigonometry problems using sine and cosine
- Hyperbolic functions
- Calculating and graphing derivatives
These lessons are brief and can be viewed in about 10 minutes or less. Worksheets can be printed out if you need to study this topic on the go and lesson quizzes are available to help you determine areas you could improve upon. Link directly to key topics of the lesson videos for review using the jump feature in the timeline. Additionally, written lesson transcripts provide an alternative way to review the material presented in the lesson videos.
1. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on the CLEP Calculator
In this lesson, review how to use the history on the CLEP calculator as we calculate sines, cosines and the inverse trigonometric functions. Finish by exploring exponentials and logarithms.
2. Trigonometry: Sine and Cosine
Learn an easy trick to help you solve trigonometry problems, including problems with sine, cosine and inverse trig functions. At the end of this lesson, you'll know what SohCahToa means and how to use it.
3. Hyperbolic Functions: Definition & Example
Hyperbolic functions are named the same as trigonometric functions with the letter 'h' added to each name. In this lesson, definitions and examples are introduced.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GRE Math: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Functions in Precalculus
- Analytical Geometry in Precalculus
- Polynomial Equations in Precalculus
- Logarithms & Trigonometry
- Limits of Sequences & Functions
- Calculating Derivatives
- Curve Sketching in Precalculus
- Differentiable Functions & Min-Max Problems
- Indefinite Integrals in Calculus
- Definite Integrals in Calculus
- Additional Topics in Calculus
- L'Hopital's Rule, Integrals & Series in Calculus
- Analytic Geometry in 3-Dimensions
- Partial Derivatives
- Calculus: Min/Max & Integrals
- Algebra: Differential Equations
- Algebra: Matrices & Vectors
- Algebra: Determinants & Transformations
- Algebra: Number Theory & Abstract Algebra
- Additional Topics: Sets
- Additional Topics: Unions & Intersections
- Additional Topics: Graphing & Probability
- Additional Topics: Standard Deviation
- Additional Topics: Topology & Complex Variables
- Additional Topics: Theorems, Analysis & Optimizing
- GRE Math Flashcards