About This Chapter
Adolescent Psychopathology & Outcomes - Chapter Summary
Watch the short, engaging lesson videos of this chapter to prepare for questions about the mental health of children and adolescents, how mental health issues can affect the performance of students and the impact of psychopharmacology. Each lesson video is taught by an expert professor who will review with you the:
- Lifespan perspectives of the development of disorders
- Development of mental health in children and adolescents
- Effects of mental health issues on educational success
- Impact of psychopharmacology on educational success
To ensure you gain the most out of these lessons, take the lesson quizzes and chapter exam that accompany them to test your comprehension of these videos. When you find topics that you don't understand, return to the videos via video tags to reinforce your mastery of the material. For an alternative review, read over the lesson transcripts.
1. Lifespan Development Disorders: Definition and Perspectives
Everyone grows and changes throughout their life, but why do some people have developmental problems? In this lesson, we'll look at common lifespan development disorders and major theories about how people develop them.
2. Mental Health Development During Childhood and Adolescence
Some mental illnesses can show up at any point in a person's life, but some first occur during specific stages of lifespan development. In this lesson, we'll look closer at some disorders that appear in childhood, adolescence, and old age.
3. The Impact of Mental Health Issues on Educational Outcomes
In this lesson, you're going to learn about the various ways in which mental health issues can affect a person's education outcomes. This includes the interactions between mental disorders and things like concentration, stamina, and pressure.
4. Psychopharmacology & Its Impact on Students
In this lesson, we will look at the more common issues students have that can benefit from medication treatments. We will also look at the impact this kind of medication treatment will have on those students in the classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE School Psychology (605): Practice & Study Guide course
- Professional Practice for School Psychologists in Georgia
- Organization & Instruction in the School Setting
- Education Research & Program Evaluation
- Data Collection in School Psychology
- Developmental Psychology & Measurement
- Cognitive & Social Development in Adolescence
- Human Development Issues
- Consultation & Collaboration in School Psychology
- School-wide Practices to Promote Learning
- School-Based Intervention & Techniques
- Academic Success & Failure
- Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Preventive Strategies for the Classroom
- Crisis Intervention for School Psychologists
- Preventive & Responsive Schools Services
- Ethical Principles in Psychology
- Legal Issues in Psychology
- Case Law in Education Psychology
- Diversity in Development & Learning
- GACE School Psychology Flashcards