About This Chapter
Advertising in Marketing - Chapter Summary
Feel confident that you have a good grasp of advertising in marketing by exploring the entertaining lessons in this chapter. Review definitions and examples, and analyze strategies that can help you fully understand the relationship between advertising and marketing. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Define advertising, and discuss effective advertising
- Identify and describe different types of advertising
- Discuss how marketing managers choose advertising media
- Explain the meaning and uses of an advertising plan
- Share the steps for placing an ad
- Describe steps involved in preparing advertising award competition entries
Experts with a wealth of advertising and marketing knowledge have prepared lessons that can help you boost your current knowledge and discover new ideas. Access the lessons from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and review them in any sequence you desire. Find out how much you know about advertising in marketing by taking short lesson quizzes and a chapter exam. If you hit a snag and need additional details about lesson concepts, don't hesitate to submit questions to our experts.
1. What is Advertising? - Definition & Examples
The greatest product or service in the world won't make money unless consumers know it exists. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of advertising, common advertising media, and read some examples of effective advertising.
2. Types of Advertising: Institutional and Product Advertising
In this lesson, you'll learn about the different types of advertising and how the correct strategy a firm should take is based on their overall promotional objectives. Why do some companies directly advertise their products while others seem more concerned with their image?
3. Advertising Media Choices and Marketing Strategy
There are many different types of advertising media that marketing managers can choose from in order to create a successful marketing strategy. This lesson covers some of those options, including printed media, television and outdoor media.
4. Advertising Plan: Examples & Overview
Advertising plan is a strategy used by an organization to promote their product. In this lesson, you will learn what an advertising plan is, followed by short a quiz.
5. How to Place an Ad: Decisions & Steps
Placing an advertisement can be a valuable way of communicating your brand to your target audience. In this lesson, you'll learn how to place an ad and the various steps in ad placement.
6. How to Prepare Advertising Award Competition Entries
Advertising awards are recognition for creativity and hard work in campaign design. In this lesson, you'll learn about popular awards competitions and how to prepare to enter your own work.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards