About This Chapter
Advertising Lesson Plans and Resources - Chapter Summary
If you're trying to come up with different and creative approaches to teach your students about advertising processes and terms, look no further than the lesson plans in this chapter. You will find outlines of classroom group and individual activities that allow your students to learn about topics like logo design, product advertising, direct marketing and target market analysis.
To facilitate classroom discussions and further explore information that might be contained in your existing materials, show your students video lessons addressing various advertising concepts including market segmentation and networking. Use quizzes in these lessons to measure what your students have understood and retained from these resources.
How It Helps
- Learning objectives: Ensures that you meet learning objectives regarding definitions, examples and applications of advertising practices.
- Activities or games: Helps students better understand concepts by having them explore details through creative classroom activities and projects.
- Class discussion questions/topics: Supplies prompts to start classroom discussions that delve deeper into material addressed in class.
- Additional resources: Presents students with effective video presentations of material to further enhance their learning experience.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning advertising lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific advertising topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your business class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related advertising lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of advertising.
- Engage your students with relevant advertising-related activities, discussion questions or other materials that are found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Advertising Lesson Plan
We encounter them every day, but do we really know about advertising? A video lesson from Study.com outlines important facts for students and classroom activities illuminate key concepts.
2. What is Advertising? - Definition & Examples
The greatest product or service in the world won't make money unless consumers know it exists. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of advertising, common advertising media, and read some examples of effective advertising.
3. Advertising Lesson Plan for Kids
Teach students about a persuasive technique they face in their everyday lives with this lesson plan. Students will read a lesson explaining and helping them to analyze advertisements, discuss and interact with content, then do an activity to apply understanding.
4. Analyzing Advertisements: Lesson for Kids
Advertisements are one way that companies try to convince people to buy their products. In this lesson you will learn how to analyze ads to understand the strategies behind them and maybe even learn how to use those persuasive strategies yourself.
5. Marketing Projects for High School Students
Marketing as a topic has great potential for your students to engage in fun projects and activities. Why not try these ideas for high school marketing projects in your classroom?
6. Logo Design Lesson Plan
Teach your students about what a logo is and how it's used with the help of this lesson plan. Students will learn design and development aspects of logos, then apply their understanding of the concepts with an activity.
7. What is a Logo? - Design & Development
Businesses need to come up with a sort of sign to be identifiable in a market. This sign or logo is what we will discuss today. We will go over the design and development of a logo.
8. Market Segmentation Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will help your students learn about market segmentation. They will watch two informative video lessons, engage in several small marketing activities and conclude by creating and presenting a unique marketing plan that focuses on proper market segmentation.
9. Market Segmentation: Geographic, Demographic, Psychographic & More
Marketers must be effective at creating niche segments to promote and sell their products or services. There are five specific ways that markets can be segmented in order to create a successful sales opportunity.
10. Market Segmentation: Why Market Segments Are Important to Marketers
Marketing managers must understand the importance of segmenting a market and the specific criteria for successful segmentation. Before the 1960's, most companies tried to market products to the masses with declining success. It is important to identify key target markets!
11. Gender in Advertising Lesson Plan
Are there differences in the ways in which genders are portrayed in the media? This lesson plan uses an interesting text lesson to enlighten students on the issue of gender stereotyping in the media. An analysis activity connects students with recent examples.
12. Gender Stereotypes in the Media
Gender stereotypes, like those portrayed in the media, have a powerful influence on how we express ourselves and understand others. Through this lesson, you will learn how to define these stereotypes and explore some examples of how they shape our social lives.
13. Advertising a Product Lesson Plan
This lesson plan uses a class discussion, quiz, and a couple of large activities to get your students thinking about the various forms of product advertising and applying their knowledge to real life.
14. What Is Product Advertising? - Definition, Methods & Examples
Product advertising is more than just a commercial or an ad in a magazine. In this lesson, you'll learn about product advertising and the various methods used to advertise products through some examples. A short quiz follows.
15. Analyzing Advertisements Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, teachers can help their students understand what a media message is and teach them what to look for when analyzing various advertisements.
16. Analyzing Purpose in Media Messages
In this lesson, we will examine advertisements to understand how they construct and convey messages. We will learn how to identify authorship, content, and audiences. We will also look at some strategies to analyze media messages.
17. Identifying & Evaluating Sources of Consumer Information
In this lesson, learn about different sources of information that consumers use, like reports, reviews, media, and government agencies. Explore the data you can find on a product. Also, learn to identify the most economical option.
18. Target Market Lesson Plan
What is a target market and why is it an important concept to understand in advertising? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to explain this while an activity gives students the chance to analyze current examples.
19. Target Market Analysis: Definition & Examples
Identifying your target market is the first step to a successful marketing campaign. But what do we mean by a target market analysis, and how can it help an organization allocate precious resources wisely? Let's take a closer look.
20. Direct Marketing Lesson Plan
This lesson plan provides you with a lesson, discussion questions, quiz, and extension that will help you teach your students about direct marketing. It also provides an activity that lets students design their own direct marketing campaign.
21. What is Direct Marketing? - Definition, Concepts & Examples
Direct marketing is a very effective and powerful way to share information about a product or service. This lesson will discuss what direct marketing is and what concepts are important in direct marketing and also give examples.
22. Designing an Advertisement Lesson Plan
Writing persuasively is a must-have for students these days. This lesson plan uses a text lesson to guide your students through the process of writing a persuasive design advertisement, then supports them as they apply concepts independently. Give the quiz to check understanding.
23. Design a Product Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students are going to learn about the product design process. They will debate the merits and challenges of this process before applying these ideas to the creation, testing, and marketing of their own products in a group activity.
24. Advertising Art Lesson Plan
This lesson introduces your students to advertising art. Students will work in groups to sort advertising art by the strategies used to create it. Then, students will design their own advertising art for a fictitious product and write about the process.
25. Product Packaging Design Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students are going to learn to critically analyze product packaging. They will then apply their knowledge to a design project of their own.
26. Marketing Distribution Lesson Plan
Marketing distribution has changed from the old days of catalog orders. In this lesson, students will learn about the concept by watching a video, answering discussion questions, completing an activity and taking a quiz.
27. 4 P's of Marketing Lesson Plan
Marketing is a major factor in the success of a product, as your students will learn by studying the 4 Ps of marketing and applying them to the promotion of a product.
28. Newsletter Lesson Plan
In this lesson, students will explore why organizations use newsletters and learn about five important aspects of writing a newsletter. They will also participate in an activity to create a newsletter.
29. Making a Commercial Lesson Plan
This lesson explores the creation of a commercial. Students will participate in analyzing three short commercials and discussing the elements of commercials. They will then utilize what they learned by working in small groups to create an effective commercial.
30. Press Release Lesson Plan
What makes for an effective press release? This lesson plan uses a simple and informative text lesson to outline key facts for students. An activity connects students with the materials in a meaningful way.
31. How to Write a Press Release
Press releases are an important element in the marketing of a new product, service, or event. This lesson examines how creating an effective press release helps create awareness of a new offering.
32. Create an Advertisement Lesson Plan
There is no better way to learn than to do. In this lesson plan, students will learn how to write marketing copy by creating an advertisement in groups. An individual worksheet and written assignment help cement the concepts.
33. Brochure Lesson Plan
Teachers will utilize an informational and engaging video to introduce informational texts to students. Discussion questions, a quiz and creating a brochure activity are included to demonstrate learning.
34. Infomercial Project Ideas
These three group projects will help you teach your middle schoolers about those riveting infomercials, and lead them to grasp why people buy the legendary products from the salespeople who tout them.
35. Commercial Ideas for School Projects
Do you pay attention to commercials? The projects offered here will allow your students to create commercials in many forms to promote concepts and concerns important to them. The projects can be used for upper elementary aged students and above.
36. Killing Us Softly 4 Discussion Questions
'Killing Us Softly 4' is a 2010 documentary by Sut Jhally and Jean Kilbourne that examines gender stereotypes in the advertising industry. This asset provides discussion questions for classrooms about the film.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.