About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering Aegean civilizations material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about Aegean civilizations. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing events and people associated with Aegean civilizations.
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning ancient Greece history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the course to review all key topics
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Aegean Civilizations chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this course cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Aegean Civilizations chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any ancient Greece history question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Aegean civilizations for a standard ancient Greek history course. Topics covered include:
- Geography of the Minoan civilization
- Timeline of Minoan history
- Mycenaean culture
- History and collapse of the Mycenaean civilization
1. Minoan Civilization: Facts, Map & Timeline
This lesson explores an old civilization of the ancient Greeks, known to archaeologists and historians as the Minoans. The Minoans were some of the earliest Greeks, and they lived on the island of Crete.
2. The Minoans
This lesson explores Minoan civilization. Beginning with Arthur Evans' discoveries at Knossos, we move on to explore the mysteries of Minoan art and writing, as well as their mysterious decline in the 15th century BCE.
3. Mycenaean Civilization: Culture & History
Explore the world of the ancient Mycenaean civilization. Meet the society that formed the basis for the famous Greek works of Homer and discover how this rich society eventually crumpled.
4. From Mycenae's Collapse to Greek Colonization
This lesson covers the history of Greece from the collapse of Mycenae to the start of Greek Colonization. We watch its dissolution during the Dorian Invasion and take a look at Greece in the Dark Ages.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient Greece Study Guide course
- Introduction to Ancient Greece
- The Greek Dark Ages
- The Golden Age of Greece
- The Archaic Period in Greece
- Greek Classical Period
- The Hellenistic Period
- Ancient Greek Philosophy
- Art & Architecture of Ancient Greece
- Ancient Greek Literature
- Mythology in Ancient Greece
- Muses, Creatures & Winds in Greek Mythology
- The Greek Titans